• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Milepost Markers Does OR read and/or display mileposts? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jmudd9 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR, TS2019

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Is it possible to somehow determine the location of my train with respect to mileposts (similar to how the MSTS HUD displayed mileposts)?

#2 User is offline   Fred 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

As long as this question has been asked I have a similar question.

Are there any plans to show mileposts in the HUD or is this something that is not going to happen? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pardon.gif

#3 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

To answer the first question, you can see mileposts in the route with a mark 1 eyeball if planted in the ground by the route builder, as to the second question, I too would love to have the mileposts show up in the F4 hud i always found that usefull especially when following the route in a map while driving.

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostFred, on 19 December 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

As long as this question has been asked I have a similar question.

Are there any plans to show mileposts in the HUD or is this something that is not going to happen? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pardon.gif

This is a known missing function.

#5 User is offline   jmudd9 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:12 AM

View Postburgerbern, on 20 December 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

To answer the first question, you can see mileposts in the route with a mark 1 eyeball if planted in the ground by the route builder, as to the second question, I too would love to have the mileposts show up in the F4 hud i always found that usefull especially when following the route in a map while driving.

Thanks to burgerbern for your suggestion. However, as a novice to OR, and not familiar to what makes Simulations work (writing code), I'm afraid that I do not know what "mark 1 eyeball if planted in the ground by the route builder" means. If the suggestion involves editing code, I am not skilled to do that. If, however, it is somewhat simple, I would appreciate more direction. Thanks for your time.

#6 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postjmudd9, on 20 December 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Thanks to burgerbern for your suggestion. However, as a novice to OR, and not familiar to what makes Simulations work (writing code), I'm afraid that I do not know what "mark 1 eyeball if planted in the ground by the route builder" means. If the suggestion involves editing code, I am not skilled to do that. If, however, it is somewhat simple, I would appreciate more direction. Thanks for your time.

Sorry its an old expression meaning your eyes as you can see the mileposts as the consist passes them with your eyes looking out of the window providing the route creator actually put mileposts into the route, virtually all do. its an expression you will find used frequently in this forum.

#7 User is offline   jmudd9 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:58 PM

View Postburgerbern, on 20 December 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Sorry its an old expression meaning your eyes as you can see the mileposts as the consist passes them with your eyes looking out of the window providing the route creator actually put mileposts into the route, virtually all do. its an expression you will find used frequently in this forum.

Thanks for the clarification. Education is a wonderful thing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users