• You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced Adhesion Model Effects of advance adhesion model Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Gehe 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hi All,

the main issue for me is that if you do not use the advanced adhesion model you cannot influence the adhesion behaviour of the loco by the Curtius_Kniffler Statement becausa the Input not used for the simple model. The default parameters used by ORTS as shown in the formula are valid for normal conditions with electric locos using the technology of the 50s.
If you want to adapt them to simulate a state-of-the-art loco or different weather conditions it does not work.

So I would propose to do a change in the code that you can use the Curtius_Kniffler Statement also with the simple adhesion model

Regards
Gehe

#22 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 06 October 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

I have just compared simple adhesion with advanced adhesion using a basic MSTS file such as a normal end user would be using. There is a 16% difference between the two, with simple adhesion having the higher figure for the axle out force.

Are these results with the option "Adhesion proportional to rain/snow/fog" selected?

If so can you retry the test with it unselected, as I believe that the code for this may need some adjusting.

Thanks

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users