Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sander horns blow on all locomotives instead of one. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   curley 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:53 AM

Hello, I'm running a train with three locomotives on the head end. All three locomotives has a quilled horn sound that is triggered by the sander button. When I press it, the quilled horn on all three locomotives blow rather than just the one on the lead unit. Is there anyway to have the sander sound play on the lead unit only?

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

When pushing the sand button, usually all MUed locos have their sanders start. That means, the hissing sander sound can be heard on all locomotives in reality. ORTS emulates this behavior realistically, unlike MSTS. Since the sander sound in the sim is originally intended to play sanding sounds, I fear there currently are no provisions to change this behavior (I´m not a coder, though).

You can, of course, make a request for a switch to be implemented, that allows sander sounds to only be played on the lead loco (for such horn applications). Reasoning could be MSTS compatibility.

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Obviously a flatlander who does not need to use sand. :)

#4 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

It might be a mating ritual....? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_sorry.gif

#5 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:46 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 30 September 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

When pushing the sand button, usually all MUed locos have their sanders start. That means, the hissing sander sound can be heard on all locomotives in reality. ORTS emulates this behavior realistically, unlike MSTS. Since the sander sound in the sim is originally intended to play sanding sounds, I fear there currently are no provisions to change this behavior (I´m not a coder, though).

You can, of course, make a request for a switch to be implemented, that allows sander sounds to only be played on the lead loco (for such horn applications). Reasoning could be MSTS compatibility.

Cheers, Markus

I second this idea, as it's really annoying and weird sounding when trying to use quilled horns that have a Sander button for it..

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:55 AM

What is being asked for is something to allow a non normal msts function to operate. This is not really something that should have any priority over existing items.

#7 User is offline   sim-al2 

• Hostler

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 12 October 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

What is being asked for is something to allow a non normal msts function to operate. This is not really something that should have any priority over existing items.

I agree, if anything, a second horn command would be much better, as discussed in this nearly identical thread from last year. Not to mention, having sounds work on all locomotives is, for me at least, a huge improvement over the MSTS model.

#8 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

View Postsim-al2, on 12 October 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

I agree, if anything, a second horn command would be much better, as discussed in this nearly identical thread from last year. Not to mention, having sounds work on all locomotives is, for me at least, a huge improvement over the MSTS model.

That'd be nice then, for sure if that was implemented.. Just, something to alleviate the issue really.

And whilst some UK Soundsets use the bell-key for the 2nd horn; adding a 2nd horn button in ORTS will open up the B key on UK Engines for example, for other uses in a sound set. American locomotives would be able to have 2 horn/whistle sounds, sander, and bell, and other countries would be int he same ballpark for availability of different sounds, as well.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users