Sudden red light. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

View Postedwardk, on 04 September 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Is this a custom activity or a default activity? Since I also have the Scenic Sub, I can check to see if I can trigger the same error. Its also important to know that the error in this situation is the uncoupling of the car? I indicated this as a question because the other issue included the signal.

Edward K.

Edward I have been following this thread .... and also have the SLI Scenic Sub Ver 2.0, it is a default activity currently packaged with the route, however, I believe the trainset and activity were available separately a year or so ago.
The activities are: bringing a Boeing cargo train starting at Skykomish to Mukelito, then part two is taking the cargo up the grade to the Boeing Plant.
9. Delicate Cargo ( Part 1)
10. Delicate Cargo (Part 2)
I am not finding the red light problem??? I wonder where it occurs in the route?

:sign_sorry: appears somehow two activities were conflated. Coupling problem in Delicate Cargo Part2 and Red signal problem in Wenatchee LocalPart 1 (also default activity packaged with Scenic Sub V2.0)

#12 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

In delicate cargo part 1 i have problem with decoupling cars. In wentachee local that red light problem. I will try to change patchs. Mayby this will help. But this strange. Everything was fine untill now. The best thin for me will be prabobly play on stable version 1.0 ...

#13 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

So I have reedit patch , renumber cars and reedit siding where cars must be leave. That give nothing. But what is strange I have on start of the mission stoped the train and decoupling is working fine ... It must be failing signal becouse on red light error when You pass this red light and try to decouple cars You have same problem. In Weentache local You see defected light , stop, turn to manual pass red signal back to auto and decoupling works. In Delicate cargo signals work fine but something must be the trigger for this error. Maybe it is a signal or something. In second part of Delicate cargo everything works perfect.

EDIT:

To half of patch I can decouple cars. But after pass unknown signal which is not a red light I can't decouple.

#14 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

Fablok,
it would help to know EXACTLY from what OR release the problem in Delicate Cargo Part1 appears, and from what OR release the problem in Wenatchee LocalPart 1 appears.

#15 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

somwere here is this error hiden. On last downloadable version Open Rails X3153 2015-06-09 11-43-09 error exists. On stable version to download there is no error. And my last play of this act without error was on 3133.

X3153 First phase of adding steam heating functionality to steam locomotive - add controller
X3152 Trackviewer drawing path charts: Initial addition of speed limits and mile markers
X3151 Trackviewer terrain: speed up loading by giving less messages to the user
X3150 Content Manager: add splitter to window and make links in to virtual child items.
X3149 Update for German locales
X3148 Trackviewer drawing charts of a path: Add station names, add indication of reversal points and wait points. Allow charting broken paths.
X3145 Trackviewer drawing charts for paths: Adding XML comments. Bit of refactoring for improved performance. Printing grades in the height-chart is now centered again correctly.
X3144 Bug fix for https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1460943 .
X3143 Bug fix for https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1460474 : Distance travelled not computed correctly after coupling.
X3142 TrackViewer: Added initial zooming capability on path charts
X3141 TrackViewer: refactoring to split the drawing of tracks from just storing track data
X3140 Bug fix for https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1460338 .
X3139 Content Manager: add timetable services, add route->path direct lookup (instead of activity->path), use yield return more and remove a bunch of commented out code.
X3138 Content Manager: make tree selection change asyncronous, which fixes the bold highlighting.
X3137 Content Manager: merge OR timetable and MSTS activity designs.
X3136 Content Manager: initial processing for timetables, listing services.
X3135 Content Manager: Add serialization to Content items.
X3134 Content Manager: make Consist and Car follow the new model design. Additional MSTS format class, WAGFile, which is only used by the Content Manager (but belongs in Orts.Formats.Msts).
X3133 Correction for fix in x.3131.

#16 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

I may have found the problem. Running the part 2 activity, I ran the train just past the switch that leads to the plant. At one point while in #3 view, there was some form of a glitch that took place before the run to the plant which I can't explain. I ran the train in reverse up to the plant. Once I got to the plant, I hit the F7 key to view the car labels and this was when I found the problem. The caboose was now the player train. During the glitch, something happened to change the status of the player train. This could very well cause the problems that was reported. It appears that the switch takes place once the train is in reverse before heading to the plant so the problem is easy to find. Now to find out if it happens all the time and at what point did it start.

Edward K.

#17 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

This possible issue takes place when the train triggers the reverse point in the activity. The question is, is this suppose to take place? In the activity, the player train changes to the caboose. I have tried V3217 and the change still is present. Can we confirm what is suppose to happen when a reverse point is triggered?

Edward K.

#18 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

In the HUD, the cars were shown to be flipped. I was able to perform part of the activity without error messages, but there is still the question, is this normal operation? Looks as if I will have to report this in a new post. For now, it would be difficult to determine the the problem reported here until I can find out what I experienced is suppose to happen

Edward K.

#19 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Edward,
thank you, that eases the investigation. Could you pls. check with the MSTS AE or with TrackViewer if the path has there a double reversal point? Were you running the train in autopilot mode? Did you have the autopilot option enabled?

#20 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

The problem could have been introduced with release x3140, x3143 or x3144.

The fact that a reversal flips cars and reverses car order is normal.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users