Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Carspawners Is there an ongoing issue? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hack 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Otto posted to my Sherman Hill post at TS.com, and in it, he embedded a YouTube video of him driving through Cheyenne yard. Toward the end of the video you can see a lone vehicle floating above a roadway, and I know for a fact that there aren't any carspawners there. It would appear that he's running v x3208), but I'm on 1.0.1.3095, and I saw that cars would stack up at the finishing end of a carspawner and stay there for about half a minute (bunched one inside another long before disappearing), and also that cars would "zip" and spin a bit if the carspawner ended on a tight curve. I haven't seen the floating bug in my copy, however.

Are there's any known issues with the carspawner feature? :huh:

#2 User is offline   c36dash7 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

As far as the lone car "floating in the air", towards the very end, No, this does occasionally happen ( to me ) in MSTS (only ), although those do "pop" in the blink-of-an-eye, and also, disapear ..."in the blink-of-an-eye" ( in one word, you'd never notice those, unless you are the Route Builder, himself ). That "floating car", also, does not appear to be on a specific carspawner "path". Probably one of 'em "visual artifacts".

Maybe Open Rails make a lot of those, far more "visible" ( something that would basically "go un-noticed", in MSTS-only ).

Jean Brisson

#3 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:38 AM

I'm not aware of any known issues with car spawners.

#4 User is offline   Mike B 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Mostly ORTS these days

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 11 August 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

I'm not aware of any known issues with car spawners.

Well, here's another odd occurrence that may or may not be related: in the freeware Donner Pass route, in MSTS, all the cars, trucks, and buses appear and run normally. Yes, there are issues with where the stop line is, and other common spawner issues, but everything's moving "forward". However, in OR (all releases I've tried, ever since the .6 era, and with both the original alpha route and the current (well done!) otherwise fixed-up route), there's one type of truck with a red cab that always appears running backward. Trailer first, and rigid. Probably a route issue, since other routes I have don't do that, but why would the same truck appear running forward in MSTS and backward in ORTS? Any idea what to look for?

#5 User is offline   Hack 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Thanks. I don't see any problems in MSTS - only in OR, and Otto too is running OR.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users