• You cannot reply to this topic

Water Flashing Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

charland, on 08 June 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

That's what Nick has been seeing. I don't run that much so haven't noticed the problem. Is there a known solution or just a bug OR has to correct?

Sorta-bug. What's most likely happening is that the multiple parts of the water object are so close together in distance from the camera that we can't reliable sort them in to a correct drawing order. Using the actual MSTS water feature doesn't have this problem because it specifically identifies layers and we can then order them properly (or, we should be doing this, not certain we are).

There are probably heuristic-based fixed we could apply to the sorting but it's tricky (as I noted the other day, this is a hard problem generally and hasn't got a reliable solution for us).

Since there doesn't appear to be any reported bugs for this issue, please report one with full details of the route and water object construction and we'll at last have a record of it when I next get board. :)

#12 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Hi James,

OK, I had a look at the TIR and took two screen shots to illustrate what people are seeing. I saved them, saved a copy of the log, and a copy of the enviro file from the route to so the spacing of the three water layers.

I've not reported a bug before and when I selected the link for reporting a bug it wants me to set up an account with ubuntu one, and I see it says on the website Launchpad... so which is it?

Paul :-)

#13 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

charland, on 09 June 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

OK, I had a look at the TIR and took two screen shots to illustrate what people are seeing. I saved them, saved a copy of the log, and a copy of the enviro file from the route to so the spacing of the three water layers.

I thought we were talking about an issue with a normal scenery object used for water, not the MSTS water feature. They're entirely different propositions.

charland, on 09 June 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I've not reported a bug before and when I selected the link for reporting a bug it wants me to set up an account with ubuntu one, and I see it says on the website Launchpad... so which is it?

Ubuntu One do the account management, Launchpad are the code/bug/etc. website. It's no different to e.g. signing in with your Google account.

#14 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thanks James,

I'll do that now.

Paul :-)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic