• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NJT Multi-level Cab Does not Load Properly Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

Hello, I am trying out some new activities made for NEC 4.0 by Bob Pickering. All the ones I have tried work great, I am working my way through them. The acts with conventional locomotives work fine, when I tried the MARC Train 521, lead by CabCar #7000, there is no view out, and when I go to the #2 view there is nothing but the cabcar (with cab details), no scenery, no tracks, just a two tone gray screen with the cabcar. If I release the brakes and start to accelerate the whole screen goes into convulsions!

The view using the loco GP40WH-2 #62 is fine. The problem only occurs with the cabcar #7000.
This is an excerpt from the "ENG" file:
Wagon ( NJTMulti-levelCab7000 )
Type ( Diesel )
COMMENT ( This is a modified F40 Eng File used in an NJT Cab Car )
COMMENT ( Due to limitation of MSTS SW it must be built as a DMU )

Could this have to do with this issue? The file is from T-S downloads, cars by Robert Thompson, File Name: njt_mult.zip. ................... I am going to substitute another Cab Car Cab view and see what happens.

Thank you for any help on this.

Attached Image: NJT CabCar1.jpg

#2 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

I tried replacing just the cab view in the unit and it still comes up the same way, then back to the original cab view. After pressing view #2 I had a camera shot but it was at ground level! under the car!

No matter which way I flopped the car the view was still as shown above. When I used the "switch cab function" I had a view out the pushing HHL. What I did next was to replace the cabcar with another one that worked, a GO Transit one and everything worked properly, except I had to switch cabs to put the pantograph up, then switch back to the control cab. It actually looks pretty neat!

The problem looks to be in the NJT Cabcar itself. See pics below.
Attached Image: resized_NJT CabCar2 GO_416x260.jpg

Attached Image: resized_NJT CabCar3 GO_416x260.jpg

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

Had a quick look at the eng and wag files in that zip. I think a visit to the coupler section of both cab and car would not go amiss. The couplers only have one half of the required data. Take the couplers from the GO cab and use them to replace those in the NJT unit.

#4 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

Thanks, I will try that and see what happens.

#5 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

Regarding the original screenshot with the wheels on the left of the picture, the first thing I would examine would be how the bogie and wheels are arranged within the model hierarchy. I would wager it's incorrect. Shape viewer will display the hierarchy of a model (Ctrl+I). It should look something like this:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8823/17567557513_5da2d95412_o.jpg

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Good call JohnnyS. All four wheelsets are parented on one bogie. That in itself should not affect the actual display ingame, but will look odd on curves.

#7 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

The cars perform and look fine in the sim as long as the "CabCar" cab is not utilized.

That pic, seems to project the car at the car at the "Edge of the MSTS World" (end of scenery) from what I have been able to figure out by using the #8 camera view and playing with the direction of the camera. As can be seen, all the cars in the consist appear correctly. The problem seems to be that CabCar #7000 does not appear in the consist at all!! It IS part of the consist and ALL the testing I have done produces NO errors, including RR and CB.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to designing rolling stock, but I am not afraid to do modifications to the ENG file or others.

Does anyone have this CabCar operating properly in OR? I don't use MSTS at all any more, spoiled with OR I guess!

See pic below, this is what the view out the cab window is as well as SFV & CB. Compare that to the GO Cab view. With the whole thing missing in the SIM but not in the various files and tests (RR,CB, SFV), what and/or where should I start looking for?
Attached Image: NJT CabCar 7000 #2 View.jpg

Attached Image: NJT CabCar 7000 #2a View.jpg

Attached Image: NJT CabCar 7000 #3 View.jpg

Attached Image: NJT CabCar 7000.jpg

#8 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

First thing is the Shape file. That needs to be reworked to place two wheelsets with the second bogie. Unfortunately that will need the original modeller to have retained the raw shape to make the changes and recompile. Second is the eng file that has those wacky values in the coupling section. Until both of those are fixed it is a no show no go car..

#9 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

I have made numerous changes to this car with acceptable result.

I have substituted the complete ENG file from the GO car with the same result, no errors from any of the appropriate programs. This is a puzzle, I found one video of NJT cars working with the proper cab view, but no outside shots to see if it was the same #7000.

I guess I will purchase the new set of Bombardier cars & loco from Tiger Trains, Ian does an excellent job with his models. Too bad KLW never did these cars, they would be great!

Oh well, many thanks for all the help, I feel that you are correct copperpen, another unit to the scrap heap!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users