• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RunActivity not working Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

I have here a question someone posted in a German forum. He can start the OpenRails program, but when he starts an activity or exploration he only gets an exception. It reads "System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException: Starten des Servers fehlgeschlagen (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_ESERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))". Translation could be "System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException: Server could not be startet (Exception in HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_ESERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))".

Has anyone an idea what's happening here? Attached are two logfiles. The first one shows the server exception and then a thread hang exception. I told him to check if the .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed correctly. He checked it, and approved it and then after some fiddling around with the .Net Framework 4.0 the server exception disappeared. I don't understand what happens on his computer.

Cheers Lutz

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Hi Lutz,

It seems there might be an issue - someone posted a similar issue over at TS and I've noticed bug reports that may be related...

I don't know if this is all the same - but - below was my response with my experience....

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - while I've used ORTS since .0001 - and didn't have an issue - in the last few weeks or so - I started having a crash on load with several routes but not others... The Monon was one of them... After reloading MSTS/ORTS/ROUTES in an attempt to fix without success - I found - all of a sudden - it was my Trend Micro AV suite that was the culprit - as soon as I kill my AV software - ORTS starts normally without issue... I've used Trend Micro forever - so I'm not sure what changed to cause this recent problem... The AV software doesn't throw any errors or messages... Maybe try a run without your AV software to test ?

Oh - I think there is a bug report in the ORTS reporting system that may be related - when I read it - it seemed to have crashes on route loads as well... I kind of thought it was more than just me but I can't be sure...

Regards,
Scott

Regards,
Scott

#3 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Without any OS details:-

https://www.google.c...ER_EXEC_FAILURE

Are any of these any use?

#4 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Oh, forgot to mention it's Windows 7 64Bit. I will forward the possibilities to the user. We will see if anything helps.

Lutz

#5 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostLutz_s, on 25 May 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have here a question someone posted in a German forum. He can start the OpenRails program, but when he starts an activity or exploration he only gets an exception. It reads "System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException: Starten des Servers fehlgeschlagen (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_ESERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))". Translation could be "System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException: Server could not be startet (Exception in HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_ESERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))".

This part of OR is querying the OS, using completely normal means, to include some basic system information in the log. This kind of error often means that some part of WMI is broken or being interfered with (e.g. by security software). In this specific case, the WMI class "Win32_BIOS" is missing/corrupted, though typically in these cases skipping one WMI query would just mean you failed on the next.

You can skip this part of code in OR by disabling logging, but that means other problems won't be solvable nearly as easily.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users