Elvas Tower: X3086 Divide by 0 in car spawner, Marias 3.1 - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X3086 Divide by 0 in car spawner, Marias 3.1 Any consist and act. and explore mode Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KiwiPeter 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails X

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Hi folks,

Marias Pass 3.1 used to work without problems. I haven't used it much, as I thought I had only a few activities. Yesterday I downloaded and installed a new activity, but the problem occurs with any activity or in explore mode with any loco.

This what happens:

Click Start, it loads, engine and brake sounds start up as usual, but the only screen I get is the crash screen. Yesterday, the sound continued until I closed the error box, today after OR update the sound stops by itself after a few secs.

Error msg and log attached.

(For what it's worth, original Marias and v5 both work.)

Thanks,
Peter.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: OR 3086 crash msg.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

You are missing all shape files (and the related .sd files) of the carspawner vehicles (if you had even only one, you wouldn't have got the crash....).
Here the relevant warning strings from your log file:
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\car1.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 4
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\car2.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 5
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\car4.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 6
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\policePHIL.S referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 7
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\truck1.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 8
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\van_1.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 9
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\US2Pickup.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 10
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\car1.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 11
Warning: Non-existent shape file c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\shapes\car4.s referenced in c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\carspawn.dat:line 12

There are also many other shape files missing in your installation: you can recognize them from log lines like following one
Warning: w-012579+014765.w scenery object 3007 with StaticFlags 00000000 references non-existent c:\MSTS\ROUTES\Marias31\Shapes\US2Lodge1.s
so I assume something has gone wrong in your installation. Most probably you did not execute a .bat file copying objects from the six standard routes, or the six standard routes are not present in the MSTS installation where you installed your route.

#3 User is offline   KiwiPeter 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails X

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Thank you, Carlo.

I feel a little stupid now. I should have figured this myself. What I don't understand is: this route used to work.

I have copied some files from Marias v5 and was able to run an activity.

Kind regards,
Peter.

#4 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

This forum section is called "Maybe it's a bug": sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. In this case it wasn't. No reason to feel a little stupid :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users