• You cannot reply to this topic

Been a long time Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

It's been a while since I posted any screen shots of the Cal-P. I took a couple year hiatus to work on the Goose Island project but now, for the last few months, I've been plugging away at the Cal-P, in many cases applying the things I learned working on Goose Island.

Anyhow, tonite I was was working on a building complex in Oakland, located at Union St at 19th. This shot -- early morning -- is looking north along Union St.

Attached Image: Clipboard0674.jpg

Back in the day there was ATSF rail service to a coupla customers here -- American Brass (a distributor of Copper and brass products that was owned by Anaconda Copper -- it's on the right in this scene, Blake, Townshend, Moffitt a distributor of fine paper for bookbinding -- they're on the left, behind the Eucalyptus tree. On the left the low building is Graybar Electric, founded in 1869, specializing in parts for telegraph equipment, which gave the firm a very close relationship with the Western Electric company.. Mr. Gray did the engineering there and he filed a patent for his Harmonic Telegraph but had made the mistake of showing it earlier to Alexander Graham Bell. Bell filed his own copy of it and allegedly bribed the patent clerk to alter the time of day so his filing was a couple of hours before Gray's. Cut throat business there. Graybar remains in business to this day, tho not at this location.

One thing I try and do in my route building is provide for deep views. I elevated the camera from the above shot and rotated is slightly to show this part of west Oakland, looking north.
Attached Image: Clipboard0675.jpg

Elsewhere, I finally got my Distant Mountains working as I wanted... a shot from the Suisun Marsh, looking northwest:

Attached Image: Clipboard0670.jpg

I may have already posted this one but it's worth posting again -- a fine model by Craig Kawahara (ckawahara, member number 3 at ET) located at Nevada Dock on teh Sacramento River.
Attached Image: Clipboard0668.jpg

and I know I posted this one but here it is again -- Barry Munro (Capt Bazza's) Liberty ships in storage at the Suisun Naval Reserve Anchorage:
Attached Image: Clipboard0665.jpg

Another example of the deep scene I favor, taken above Port Costa,looking west to the Diablo Range.:
Attached Image: Clipboard0661.jpg

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

Nicely sculptured hills, Dave. The background / distant hills look very realistic.

Cheers Bazza.

#3 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

Looking good!
Christopher

#4 User is offline   delamate 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

Looking very good. I remember the Navy anchorage from the 1950s.

John DeLamater

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users