• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Slow Load Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

Anybody else notice that OR is taking a looooong time to load up here lately? :)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

I had a longer than normal loading time using the PRR East Reg, so long in fact I thought OR had hung on something, but it did start and activity ran fine. Nothing else has come to mind.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 20 April 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

I had a longer than normal loading time using the PRR East Reg, so long in fact I thought OR had hung on something, but it did start and activity ran fine. Nothing else has come to mind.

Loading my activity took 3 minutes and 30 seconds to load. But then it's always been that way and getting a bit slower with each new AI & loose consist I add. Now at around 80 AI trains.

best,

vince

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

That's the conclusion I came to...this was also a case of including more AI traffic. Also I had just switched to another disk...and it probably took OR a few more nanoseconds to find the correct directories.

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

The time between 'starting' OR and the appearance of the main OR screen is not just loading time.
It also includes the 'pre-run' time : running the AI trains which have a start-time before the activity (player train) itself is started.
This means the 'loading' time is variable, depending on the selected activity.
For timetables, this is even more variable as it depends on the selected player-train. If you have a 24-hour timetable and select a train which starts after 23:00, you are in for a bit of a wait - depending on the size of the route and the number of trains in the timetable this can take several minutes.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#6 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

I guess perhaps I should have been more clear. I wasn't talking about loading complicated routes vs. simple ones. I know railroads like PRR Eastern Division take forever running under any system, there's so much to 'em. I'm talking about a given route running an activity that has been run before is now taking twice as long to load as it did a couple of weeks ago. Same with explore that has been run before. Same parameters, same equipment, same computer, longer load times. I booted up a version of OR that is a hundred or so numbers back and still slow.

I wonder if Micro$oft's weekly degrading, er, I mean, updating has anything to do with it? Maybe I'll do a system restore and see if things change..... :sign_sorry:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users