• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why are these errors poping up? Started with version X2988 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

I have these errors popping up in the report log as stated, Starting with version X2988 running through X3008 that I installed tonight-Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException happens eight times on various activities whether I run the full length of the activity or run another activity only five miles in and exit. never had these errors pop up when running version X2963. Tried reverting back to X2963 and these errors were nonexistent. Am attaching a log for all three quoted versions

Attached File(s)

#2 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

Cliff,
by downloading them from here http://james-ross.co...jects/or/builds , could you please check if these errors appear in releases 2986 and 2987?

#3 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:57 AM

Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: {TileX:-11168 TileZ:14338 X:-392.661 Y:359.647 Z:204.174} scenery object 10623 failed to load ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ORTS.Viewer3D.LevelCrossingShape..ctor(Viewer viewer, String path, WorldPosition position, ShapeFlags shapeFlags, LevelCrossingObj crossingObj) in e:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shapes.cs:line 693

Hmm, there is something weird about these level crossings and I'm not sure if it's the shapes or not but here's a possible fix to try (make sure to turn off "Large address aware binaries" or delete RunActivityLAA.exe for testing):

Attached File  RunActivity_LevelCrossingAnimations.zip (1.79MB)
Number of downloads: 189

#4 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

Carlo, Did a little searching today while taking breaks from mowing lawn. These errors start showing up with version X2977, X2976 was clear of these warnings. Am attaching the log for X2977. Now since lawn work is done I'll Try your suggestion James. Will report back later tonight as long as nothing else comes up on the honey do list.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

James, No go with X3001 with RunActivity_LevelCrossingAnimations. Still getting errors and the activity stutters very badly to the point the activity locks up about 2 miles into it. Am attaching the log

Attached File(s)

#6 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

View PostConCat, on 18 April 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

James, No go with X3001 with RunActivity_LevelCrossingAnimations. Still getting errors and the activity stutters very badly to the point the activity locks up about 2 miles into it. Am attaching the log

That seems to be an entirely different problem - RunActivity_LevelCrossingAnimations has fixed the level crossing problem according to that log file. Not sure if the fix could have caused the new errors (it may just have exposed an existing bug elsewhere), but I'll have a look when I can.

#7 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

Thank you james

#8 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

In your last test, you were running the runactivity.exe to test a patch. Since the error indicates an out of memory message, try running the latest release with large address aware checked. The Horseshoe route is known to take up memory.

Edward K.

#9 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Ed, Was running that activity with the large address aware checked and the RunActivityLAA.exe deleted. I'm hoping my computer isn't obsolete which I still think it isn't considering this route ran somewhat fluidly using MSTS, And that was before I had the two GIG graphics card installed.

#10 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

I'll make up an LAA version of the patched version, if the new issue is just that you're not able to run this route without LAA enabled.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users