ACleanTrack1 Track Ballast Reversed on Curves? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Using OR X3000
I have a bit of a puzzle:

The ballast texture, ACleanTrack1 I use has an outside third rail as part of the texture.

++In the MSTS route Editor and the MSTS Sim the third rail on double track straight AND curved trackshapes shows up in the center between the two rail lines as it should.

++However when in the Open Rails Sim the double track curved sections the third rail is mapped on the right side of both rail lines as viewed from the pivot end of the track section. Straight double track sections are not affected, third rails are in the center between the two rail lines.

I here provide two screen grabs; First on the left is from MSTS Route Editor (View in the MSTS Sim also the same)
The right screen grab is taken from running activity in Open Rails and shows the right side mapping.
Attached Image: MSTS-RE.jpg Attached Image: OR-InSim.jpg

I have been running Build 038 of Global TSection.dat file but I seem to remember that this nit, I'll call it swapped third rail, was not always so but I cannot remember when is changed. I did do some troubleshooting and loaded X2735 but the same problem appears in the old version. I'll do some further checking and see if turning off superelevation causes a difference.
Any ideas on why this is so is appreciated.

Regards,
vince

edit add: Further checking . . . reveals:I should've don 'further checking' before I posted but that last was an afterthought just as I finished uploading the images :rolleyes:

The visual bug is in fact caused bu superelevation being enabled; IOW, the track appears as it does in MSTS if Superelevation is not used. arrrgh! I was using it on level 1. (I would like to see half levels in there for the feature but I digress.
So my problem solved and my westbound trains will again be able to draw power from the third rail substation!:rofl2:

Thats a 2 unit Rotary Converter Substation in the pictures.
The control board in these LIRR sub-stations looked like something in the movie Frankenstein!
They took in 25Kv AC and fed 650 VDC to the third rail.The HV insulators on the power poles used to hiss on damp or rainy days.That sound taught me respect at a young age. These days the converters are all solid state.
http://en.wikipedia....otary_converter

vin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users