• You cannot reply to this topic

Platform marker detection? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hello,

Whilst constructing a timetable and testing it, I noticed a train initialise and not move forward as intended for several minutes. After a short period of head scratching a look at the dispatcher information shows the train was performing a station stop. The front of the train at the point of initialising is around (rough guess) 250m short of the first platform marker. After completing the stop time the train then runs through the actual platform without stopping.

Dispatcher HUD.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7698/16969920788_d5e56618c6_o.jpg

Track viewer showing approximate positions.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7630/16537840303_b4cb983c44_o.jpg

It appears the lack of nodes between the train initialising and the platforms is a contributory factor as there are trains spawning on adjacent tracks that don't display the same behaviour and the only difference as far as I can see is they run through a track node.

Have vague memories of overshooting platforms by more than a train length in activity mode and still recording a stop in the f10 HUD.

Cheers,
John.

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

If a train is started in the same TrackCircuitSection as where a platform is located, it is assumed to be in that platform.
That is done because on many routes, specially in terminal stations, the platform markers often do not run all the way to the buffer stops.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

roeter, on 15 April 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

If a train is started in the same TrackCircuitSection as where a platform is located, it is assumed to be in that platform.
That is done because on many routes, specially in terminal stations, the platform markers often do not run all the way to the buffer stops.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

OK, thanks. I'm going to try something with split services to try and get round it. Do you think it would be possible at some point in the future to expand upon your recently introduced $terminal command and allow something along the lines of $stopforemost and $stoprearmost?

Cheers,
John.

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Something like that is somewhere on the list - but I fear that list is long and my time is in short supply at the moment.
So all I can ask for is patience.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

roeter, on 15 April 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Something like that is somewhere on the list - but I fear that list is long and my time is in short supply at the moment.
So all I can ask for is patience.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Hi,

Thanks, that's good to know. In your own time, I'm grateful for your efforts so far, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
John.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users