• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Textures Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shawnd 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

I just recently Noticed that when I go to start an Activity I'm missing Textures. I really don't know what I did because I never had this happen before, but I'm missing Track And other textures. I also noticed the Smoke comes out in a boxy Texture and sometimes the World in the Activity just Floats. I have tried reinstalling it but that doesn't seem to help either. so if anyone knows what this may be or how I can fix it that Please let me know. Really Appreciate any help I can get. Wish I could give more details but that's all I really can say Lol. Thanks again

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

As a first guess, without knowing all the info asked for in the above, ORTS is probably running out of memory to store some textures. A possible remedy would be to turn on "Large Address-Aware Binaries" on the Options/General tab.

If the above does not help, please provide some more info for us to be able to help you. Specifically, please ...
  • check the "Logging" checkbox to the lower left of the "Start" button and run the same activity again until the problems occur. Then attach the file "OpenRailsLog.txt" that has then been placed on your desktop to a post here (you need to switch to advanced post editing mode ("Use Full Editor" button) and below the post editing window find the "Click to attach files" button. The rest should be self-explanatory)
  • provide some screenshots of what you are seeing (ORTS has an in-built screenshot functionality, though I forget the default key to take a screenshot. Screenshots are saved to "C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\Pictures\Open Rails" by default. Before you can attach them here (as shown above), you need to convert them to JPG, however, due to forum policy).
  • tell us what route and activity you were running. Also, please specify if the route is freeware and if it is free, where it can be downloaded. If the activity is not included in the route downloaded and must be downloaded separately, please also tell us where to find the ACT.
Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users