• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to Resume Game in Timetable Mode Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   thowengines 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Since X2978 I have been unable to resume a saved game in Timetable mode without having to go through the long process of working through a directory listing and choosing what I hope is the relevant file from the list of file names, rather than the program automatically locating it. Clicking Resume/Play in the main window takes me correctly to the list of saved games, with the relevant thumbnail displayed. However, after selecting the desired game, and clicking the Resume button, I get a directory listing asking me to give the location of the file. This starts at the MSTS directory. I have to change that to Users etc etc, before drilling down to what I think is the desired file. It would be nice if we could go back to the program finding the file itself as it used to, and as would be expected. For the record, in all cases I have tried, on the various builds, the saved game is from the same build as the game I am trying to resume it with. Thanks.

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

View Postthowengines, on 06 April 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

However, after selecting the desired game, and clicking the Resume button, I get a directory listing asking me to give the location of the file.

Obviously this should not happen, but unfortunately I've not found any working timetables to test with (I have one but don't have the consists it uses). I need a timetable for an in-box route with in-box rolling stock ideally, if not freely downloadable route/rolling stock and a clear list of what's needed.

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

If allowed under the new rules I can submit a correction for this problem, I found what's gone wrong.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#4 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:43 AM

View Postroeter, on 06 April 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

If allowed under the new rules I can submit a correction for this problem, I found what's gone wrong.

This is certainly worthy of fixing so as long as you link to this thread (as the "bug report") that's okay.

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:51 AM

Fix committed in version X2992.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users