• You cannot reply to this topic

Path clearing ahead (train stopped) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:ORTS Daily Build (BETA)

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

Testing some of my paths and I am running into a common issue where my trains are stopped at a platform (10 minutes) and during that time, the path ahead continues to take up track space not allowing other trains to pass through.

I have adjusted the number of signals cleared ahead and it fixed the issue slightly, but if there isnt a signal immediately close to the platform it still blocks a good chunk of track.

Is there a feature in TIMETABLE mode of ORTS to enable the path to stop if the train stops, and then then resume once the departure time is initiated ? (given that the path is clear, or else it would have to wait).

This may also be tied to the same point, but I don't think I have come across a way to give equipment trains less priority over revenue trips. That is the case here, the equipment is arriving early to achieve a slot but in turn it holds up revenue trips. That certainly goes against what we would see in the real world with these trips.

Picture below shows the paths of the stopped trains that wait for the white path train to proceed before they can start moving again. The white path train is currently stopped for another 7 minutes.
Attached Image: Stopped in station.JPG

Thanks again for the help, including my other posts on here.

#2 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

$hold is the command you need in timetable mode, it can be set per station or per train and will hold the first signal after the platform at stop until 2 minutes before departure time. If there is a junction between the platform and the next signal there is a seperate command needed, from memory I think this is $forcehold. You might want to confirm this in the manual, I'm not certain I've got the syntax correct. You might find the sections regarding the $wait and $follow commands can give you information on other methods for overcoming conflicting path situations.

#3 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:ORTS Daily Build (BETA)

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostJohnnyS, on 30 March 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

$hold is the command you need in timetable mode, it can be set per station or per train and will hold the first signal after the platform at stop until 2 minutes before departure time. If there is a junction between the platform and the next signal there is a seperate command needed, from memory I think this is $forcehold. You might want to confirm this in the manual, I'm not certain I've got the syntax correct. You might find the sections regarding the $wait and $follow commands can give you information on other methods for overcoming conflicting path situations.

That worked perfectly, the wait and follow commands were a bit tricky since they are more train specific, but the forcehold and hold worked like a charm. I also moved the stop location a but further away to help with the signals.

Many thanks.
-C

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users