• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced Adhesion, possible bug. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

While looking at the Force Information window I noticed that for all forms of traction the axle out force changes all the time sometimes going into negative figures. Negative figures to me suggest the engine is moving backwards for a very brief moment. Along with this constantly flickering figure, when a train is diesel or electric hauled the coupler forces also change up and down in time with the Axle out force. This does not happen with steam haulage where the coupler force values decrease with speed increase and no constant flickering of values.

I first thought this was caused by the intentionally low coupler values I am testing, but when checked against an unmodified train with normal MSTS values, the situation is the same. The coupler values reached are sufficiently high to cause a coupler break where one should not happen if using normal real world coupler values in the eng/wag file. As an example, values in the Force Information page for one car ranged from -02.89 to 180 7 while under constant acceleration.

On another point, using the experimental adhesion sliders if I use 100%, I get no wheelslip on starting, but if I set the slider to 200% I get a wheelslip warning as soon as I open the throttle. This seems to me to be just a bit silly, at 200% there should be no wheelslip at all.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users