Elvas Tower: Back working errors out of the Horseshoe Curve - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Back working errors out of the Horseshoe Curve Rookie trying to learn how to clean up route Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:09 AM

Please bear with me. :pardon: I'm trying to chase all error messages out of my Horseshoe Curve Route. I've got one that keeps coming up multiple times that crashes the activity sometimes-Warning: Sound stream activation failed at number 1024. Where would I have to look to find this error and fix it? Also have multiple Warning: Invalid cue point in wave file. How would I go about fixing these errors? And to close out this posting should I concern myself with these?-Information: Ignored missing animations data. Knew how to chase down most errors with MSTS but then it did not report these errors. Am attaching log file.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostConCat, on 28 March 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

I've got one that keeps coming up multiple times that crashes the activity sometimes-Warning: Sound stream activation failed at number 1024. Where would I have to look to find this error and fix it?

I don't believe it crashes anything. It is just a warning. Currently only 1024 sound sources may be active at any time simultaneously by default. So if the route asks for more, it is refused. Please note, you may configure your system to handle more if your computer is fast enough, as described here.

#3 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

Thank You Peter, The Sound stream error appears to be fixed. Now to work out the missing animation data warnings and invalid cue points. still open for suggestions.

#4 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

For fixing invalid cue points, you must edit the wav file, with e.g. GoldWave.

#5 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostConCat, on 28 March 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Thank You Peter, The Sound stream error appears to be fixed. Now to work out the missing animation data warnings and invalid cue points. still open for suggestions.

Here my old Bug_Report concerning the Waning: missing animation data:
https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1208960

#6 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

Thank you Peter, I have Goldwave, Just got to my head into editing the sound files. Not really sure how to alter cue points.

Thank you Eugene, Will have to read that.

#7 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

It's been a long, long, time since I used Gold Wave sound editor. Very little was originally known about MSTS's sound setup. However, examination of some whistle soundFX files will show markers, called cue, or cue points at certain intervals in the sound file.

The purpose is to break down the soundFX into sections. Foreinstance, a whistle sound can be broken into 'sound bites'. A short press of the whistle, or horn key will play the first sound bite, holding it longer will play the first/second bites, etc, depending on how the long the soundFX runs for.

I can't remember the order of sound bites, but I suspect Cue #1 is at the END of the first bite, Cue #2 is at the end of the second, etc, till the last cue point is at the end of the whole soundFX.

Perhaps someone with experience could confirm that, please?

Cheers Bazza.

#8 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:20 AM

So when the cue point is invalid, what does that mean in regards to fixing it? Is the current cue point in the wrong position and is fixed by placing it in the proper position? I could probably do this, I just need to be guided in the right direction since I have a few files that have this issue.

Edward K.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users