Elvas Tower: Trains passing through each other (Double slip) - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trains passing through each other (Double slip) Train Collision Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:ORTS Daily Build (BETA)

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

I tried a few MSTS tricks to get around this issue but it does not seem to work correctly for instances where a double slip is present.

My trains keep on colliding / passing through each other in certain cases, usually in opposite direction moves through a double slip.

I have tried setting up hazards and converting them to crossoveritems with some success.

this is the collision
Attached Image: collision.JPG

crossoveritem values
Attached Image: crossover numbers.JPG

tdb and tit file links
(i have tried linking 1213 <-> 1214 OR 1213<->1216 and the trains still do not stop for the "hazard")
Attached Image: crossover tit and tdb file.JPG

Any ideas on how to make one of the trains stop ? perhaps the one closest to the meet ?

Many thanks in advance,

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

View Postforevergone, on 26 March 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,
I tried a few MSTS tricks to get around this issue but it does not seem to work correctly for instances where a double slip is present.
My trains keep on colliding / passing through each other in certain cases, usually in opposite direction moves through a double slip.
I have tried setting up hazards and converting them to crossoveritems with some success. tdb and tit file links (i have tried linking 1213 <-> 1214 OR 1213<->1216 and the trains still do not stop for the "hazard") Any ideas on how to make one of the trains stop ? perhaps the one closest to the meet ? Many thanks in advance,

If the crossovers do not have a node then this is normal. In other words, the trains are not 'aware' of each others path if there is not an actual tracknode at the crossover.

This can best be seen in the activity editor where the tracknodes and crossover nodes appear as black dots where the trackmap lines cross.

It would be helpful if you could provide a screen capture from the activity editor for the location in your screen shots.

best,
vince

#3 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Have you tried this tutorial from steam4me ?

: http://msts.steam4me..._dbl_slips.html

#4 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Erased.

#5 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

hi guys,

Below is the activity editor screen capture. The crossover seems to have a center node and 4 nodes on the outside instead of 2, this may be due to the hazard items.
Attached Image: activity editor crossover.jpg

I followed that exact tutorial when I started editing the crossovers and it worked for some already. It seems that the points I linked together depend on which way the train will travel. I got it to work correctly once i linked 1215 <-> 1213 and 1216 <-> 1214.

I will test out the use of ICHK as I am not too familiar with the use of route riter.

I will post progress as I figure this out. Many thanks in advance.
-C

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

You're looking at the wrong crossovers. The crossovers which protect the crossing are 50 and 51, and the view of the activity editor clearly shows these in two different positions.
The added crossovers 1213-1214-1215-1216 only protect two simultaneous diverging routes, but do not protect crossing moves.

To get this correct, you can take the following steps :
  • Check the links between crossovers 50 and 51.
  • Check the log-file for any reports on invalid or incomplete crossovers.
  • Check the F5 Dispatcher Hud, just before the train reaches this location.
    There should be a series of "+" in the displayed path, which indicates a crossover. If properly recognised as a valid crossover, if one of the trains has reserved this crossover, this reservation should also show in the other train's path (the number of the first train is also shown in the path of the second train).

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

Hi Rob,

You are certainly onto something with the incomplete crossover report, I remember seeing that before and forgot to address it.

50 and 51 show up to be linked correctly and do not get reported in the log file, however there are other crossovers mentioned in the log.

I am looking into how I can fix these crossovers, there is also a reported issue with the crossover points I added in this very thread since i get a this warning
Warning: Invalid crossover : indices 1215 and 1213 : equal section : 267

Mini log file output

Information: Invalid double TDBRef 505 in node 3715

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 26 and 27

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 20 and 21

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 47 and 46

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 36 and 37

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 27 and 28

Warning: Invalid crossover : indices 1215 and 1213 : equal section : 267

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 793 and 794

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 817 and 818

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 824 and 823

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 822 and 821

Warning: Incomplete crossover : indices 68 and 69

#8 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

Some Crossover Nodes will go missing if a Track Database Rebuild routine in run in the Route Editor but can be repaired in the Editor.

In the Route Editor go to the problem crossover item, Select / De-select then Save answering YES to the Save World Placement Changes question.
The Save Terrain Changes question answer Yes/No does not matter.

Do not attempt to select /de-select / save multiple crossover items. I've had problems with this.
One at a time does it.

The above use of the Editor can introduce Database corruption if the route has interactives installed!!

This recovery of crossover nodes using the Route Editor should be done on a route as the last thing BEFORE interactives are installed.

#9 User is offline   forevergone 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View Postvince, on 30 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Some Crossover Nodes will go missing if a Track Database Rebuild routine in run in the Route Editor but can be repaired in the Editor.

In the Route Editor go to the problem crossover item, Select / De-select then Save answering YES to the Save World Placement Changes question.
The Save Terrain Changes question answer Yes/No does not matter.

Do not attempt to select /de-select / save multiple crossover items. I've had problems with this.
One at a time does it.

The above use of the Editor can introduce Database corruption if the route has interactives installed!!

This recovery of crossover nodes using the Route Editor should be done on a route as the last thing BEFORE interactives are installed.

Im certainly running interactives, and a lot of them. I think the issue is they are not incomplete but they have oddly place reference points. Similar to what i have done for diverging moves, the route seems to have random reference points that link two crossovers to one another so that the train will require both crossovers to clear proceed. I looked into them one by one and they are linked correctly (with the exception of these random nodes that sit close to or within another crossover). That's my only guess.

I'm going to create a backup and remove interactives, follow the method above and report with results.

Thanks again,
-C

#10 User is offline   mauried 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

If you look carefully at Forevergones previous AE picture showing the 2 double slips, at the centre of the slip are 2 black dots.
One is at the centre where the crossover node is , and the other is directly below it where the slip points join.
Neither of these slips will work properly.
There should be only 1 black dot in the centre where the crossover node is .
The MSTS RE has a bad habit of not correctly installing slips, both double and single and the crossover node doesnt get written properly to the TDB , so OR doesnt see it.
There doesnt seem to be a 100% foolproof method of installing these slips so that the RE installs them properly, but the following method usually works for me .

When placing the slip points , use the T key to deliberately place them one by one facing the wrong direction.
Start with the left slip points facing incorrectly, and then do the same for the right points also facing incorrectly.
When done , hit F2 to get out of the object placement mode.
Then select each slip point again starting with the left facing ones, and use the T key to align them properly.
Do the same for the right facing points.
Check that its worked by temporarily placing any 2 head signal on any of the entrances to the slip, and go into the signals link page and look to see whether there is only 1 black dot at the centre.
Remove the signal when finished.
This usually works , although sometimes you have to do it twice.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users