Elvas Tower: Activity sounds - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activity sounds Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 27 March 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

RE AI horn blows: I know that waiting points are currently used for many things, such as advanced (AI) shunting, and even helper operations. IIRC, in order to make that work, they use waiting times in excess of the day´s length in seconds, with the first digit identifying the purpose of the point, the remaining digits defining whatever else is applicable.

An idea would be that this feature could be extended with a format of say 9xxxx, where 9 means AI whistle / horn, and the remaining digits mean e.g. long / short blow, or the amount of seconds (milliseconds?) to sound the horn.

Just an idea, IDK if it is feasible, though.

Cheers, Markus

This should be possible (maybe not with a 9, because I expect MSTS does not allow more than 16 bits for a WP value), and it should also be possible to have WPs where the train does not stop. I'll try to think about that, but only after I am get rid of some bugs in max speed computation...

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users