• You cannot reply to this topic

Injectors are misconfigurated in OR X2931 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zaza 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hello!
I have found that the Injectors are misconfigurated in OR.
Here is a cut from eng file:
	InjectorTypes( 0 1 ) comment ( available types: 0 - live steam injector, 1 - exhausted steam injector )
	InjectorSizes ( 10mm 20mm )	comment ( diameters )

Injector1FeedrateMultiplierLive ( 0.25 ) 
	Injector2FeedrateMultiplierExhaust ( 0.5 )

Injector1WaterValveVariance ( 0.5 )
	Injector2WaterValveVariance ( 0.5 )

InjectorLimits1 ( 50psi 0.1 1 ) comment ( Min pressure, min water level* %, max. water level* %, *levels in tender )
	InjectorLimits2 ( 60psi 0.1 1 ) comment ( where the injectors can work )

So, in OR both injectors are live type injectors which operates with the steam generated by boiler. It is great, but it seems to be types are always and only 0 on both.

I miss very much the type 1 injectors, which don't use the live steam from the boiler but works with the exhausted steam if regulator is open.
So as you can see type 1 injectors should not use boiler pressure but operates only when we have exhausted steam by the cylinders.

Injectorlimits:
we have two type of water elevators (not defined here): non suction pumps and suction base pumps. Not suction type use the gravity force to "drive" the water from tender's bottom to injector. Suction pumps operates like any kind of pump, they needs some steam to work. Thats why the limits are defined for two Injectors.

I am not sure that I use the right terminology especially by the pumps but I hope the steamers will understand and fix it in the code.
Have a nice day!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users