• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Accessing the Siskiyou Route feedback Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   dmrick44 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:08 AM

Oh my gosh! What a bunch of "marvelous" replies!

There is one thing that I want to mention about registering on the site... someone said that sometimes it's a bit of a hassle (not their words, mine) when it comes to entering your password each time...

Knowing that nothing is too good for "train simmers" I purchased software to create my log in stuff... a mere $400. But what this means is that when you register and log in, you can check "Remember me" and "Automatically log me in" which I think you'll appreciate. After you go to the site, and register, save a link to the log in page and you should bounce immediately to the site's home page using auto-login.

Again, much thanks for so much positive response... it make all of the long hours worthwhile!!

I'm feeling good being able to see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel!

Dale

#12 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:40 AM

Erased.

#13 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

View Postdmrick44, on 06 March 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

.....Knowing that nothing is too good for "train simmers" I purchased software to create my log in stuff... a mere $400. But what this means is that when you register and log in, you can check "Remember me" and "Automatically log me in" which I think you'll appreciate. After you go to the site, and register, save a link to the log in page and you should bounce immediately to the site's home page using auto-login.
Dale

What that means is the login software accesses OUR system and places cookies on OUR PC. It is the Accesses OUR system that is not liked.

#14 User is offline   BRCarroll 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2014, Open Rails

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

No issue with supplying an email address for some more California railroading. Looking forward to the route, it sounds great!

#15 User is offline   Mike B 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Mostly ORTS these days

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

For those who don't like the cookies on login - you don't have to click "remember me." It's possible that you will still need to authorize a session cookie for login, as most such systems use one, but you won't get anything persistent on your system. All modern browsers, also, have the ability to make ALL cookies "session cookies" by clearing them on shutdown - Firefox has had that since the stone age - and you can also control how cookies are set and managed using NoScript in Firefox and something similar in Chrome. The Web Developer extension in Firefox (something similar is probably available for Chrome) also allows you to clear cookies and other saved items selectively at any time. The downside, of course, is that you would have to log in each time you visit (no auto logon), which doesn't bother me.

Dale: one other thing that would be appropriate would be making https connections mandatory. Your ISP should be able to support that.

#16 User is offline   dmrick44 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

The software that I purchased for Registration and Log In is filled with options and creates all of the scripts, etc.. I really like the software. Support is via a forum, but they have always gotten back with me no later than the next day... Yours for just $399

http://www.webassist...ons/data-bridge

The software I bought for creating an installer is a heavy-hitting program for creating installers. I love the way it walks you through all of the options... Yours for just $395

http://www.indigoros.../setup-factory/

As was mentioned above, a cookie is put on your system only if you check the Remember me box or the Automatically log me on box. Most people who are afraid to let vendors put cookies on their system simply set their browser options to not accept cookies. Once you install the route on your computer, it'll put a lot more than a cookie there. :D

I also have Photoshop CS6 which will cost you $699. I use CorelDraw X7 a lot for stuff on the route. That package will cost you $499.

Great news! Gmax is free!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users