• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto Mode stopping train. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:03 AM

The Wenatchee Local(Part1) that is part of Scenic 2.0 is basically switching with at least 1 train meet. The last switching operation before the Leavenworth Siding is at W-I Forest Products. When finished with the last switching, switches are realigned and switched from manual mode to auto mode. Once I get to the diverging siding, the AI is already stopped and waiting for me. The odd part is that once I clear the switch and the light, the AI train never gets the green. I finally figured out that by switching back to manual mode, the AI train gets the green. Is this normal? With this activity, I have many saves so I have no idea if running from a save is causing this. This is one activity that takes time to get to this point and I have one more switching operation to go.

Edit: By time I switched from manual mode to auto mode, the AI train was already in the siding.

Edit: The version I am testing is based on V2891.

Edward K.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

A quick examination of the activity shows that there is no passing path at Forest Products. In the activity all the other sidings have passing paths.
Also both the player and traffic use the same path at Forest Products. Appears a change in the activity would solve the problem.

The most obvious solution would be to move the cut of three empty centerbeams off the storage track to one of the two products tracks and put in the passing path.
I have not tried this, but it's the first thing I would do.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2015-02-23 09-59-46-719.jpg

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

Unless I am mistaken, I thought switching to manual mode allowed the person to perform switching jobs on tracks that do not have a defined path. This is the reason why the train must be back on its path to switch back to auto mode.

Note: I like the gray in your activity editor. What do you have to do to change colors?

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

View Postedwardk, on 23 February 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Unless I am mistaken, I thought switching to manual mode allowed the person to perform switching jobs on tracks that do not have a defined path. This is the reason why the train must be back on its path to switch back to auto mode.
Edward K.

:thumbup3: Yes, all that is true, I just thought providing the AI with another path (by using the passing path) would solve the situation you described. I have not run it to see if it's true. It would take someone familiar with the AI code to know if it would work without having to run the activity. (definitely not me)

I have also run into the exact situation you described on other activites and have use the "switching to manual mode" to allow the AI to get the green. Works all the time, so I never really looked at it as a bug. Perhaps, it is.

View Postedwardk, on 23 February 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Note: I like the gray in your activity editor. What do you have to do to change colors?

It's not the AE it is the default desktop color. I really dislike stark white desktops or other colors, a shade of dark warmish grey has always been easier on the eyes.

#5 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

I was able to create this issue again using a test activity. I started with my player train before a diverging siding in manual mode(simulating a switching operation). I stayed in manual mode until the AI train was stopped at the signal. I then switched back to auto mode and proceeded to pass the AI train at the siding. The AI train never did get a green light until I stopped the train and switched from auto mode to manual mode. Evidently when switching from manual mode to auto mode, something is not getting reset since the AI train should be getting a green light. This is the same when I was running the activity I indicated in my first post. The only exception is that in my test case, I was not running from a save file.

Edward K.

#6 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

I should have indicated that this issue is involving the "Signal Mode:".

Edward K.

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

View Postedwardk, on 24 February 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

I was able to create this issue again using a test activity.
Edward K.

Would you pm a zip of the test activity or attach it here in the thread. Would like to try it.

#8 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

If you have Scenic Sub1.0 I could upload the activity files, but setting up an activity for this should not be a problem. I believe Marias31 is the same way. Single line going into a diverging siding. I placed emphasis on the AI train, but the simple issue is that once the process of changing to and from manual signal mode takes place, the signal for the AI that protects the converging point never shows a green once the player train is clear of the signal. There are no errors in the log. Up to this point, I have been using Scenic Sub, but I will test with Marias31 to see if this issue is consistent.

Edward K.

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

Edward,

can you please check if this problem is solved in version 2916?

Thanks,
Rob Roeterdink

#10 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

Rob,

The initial problem has not been fixed, but the process of switching back to manual mode which would normally clear the area for the AI train is now not working.

Edward K.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users