Elvas Tower: ENV modes not supported in OR? Also program instability on high detail routes? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ENV modes not supported in OR? Also program instability on high detail routes? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Is it just me, or do certain .env m odes not work in OR? Such as, 'Summersnow'. If I set the season to summer, and weather to snow... Yes it snows, but there are no snowtextures. To get snow textures I have to run 'Winter' season. But then that affects the Sunrise and Sunset times to be earlier...

As for the latter part of the title, I just tried running the Horseshoe Curve route from Trainsim.com, a very high detail route.. And OR Activity Running program thingy, crashes due to 'out of memory'.. That's ridiculous, considering my PC Specs are as follows:

Graphics Card: ATI Raden HD 6950
RAM: 8GB Hugh Speed RAM
Processor: Intel Xenon x5560 quad core 2.80GHz

Has OR actaully met it's match with a route it can't handle? I've also gone through the log, nothing points to the crash at all, just the usual sigcfg errors, sms errors, and apparent .s errors.

#2 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Are you using the LAA (Large Address Aware) version of OR? If not, crashes like this are not unknown. The memory limit of OR is max 2GB on the normal version and max 4GB on the LAA version. You can check out the memory usage on the HUD (F5). Press Shift+F5 repeatedly (6 times) until you get to the display which has 7 moving graphs at the bottom. This will show you everything you need to know about the resource usage of OR.

Dennis

#3 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

View Postdennisat, on 21 February 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Are you using the LAA (Large Address Aware) version of OR? If not, crashes like this are not unknown. The memory limit of OR is max 2GB on the normal version and max 4GB on the LAA version. You can check out the memory usage on the HUD (F5). Press Shift+F5 repeatedly (6 times) until you get to the display which has 7 moving graphs at the bottom. This will show you everything you need to know about the resource usage of OR.

Dennis

Yes, I'm using the LAA option. I'll try seeing what the F5 menu says at some point.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users