• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saved Game Information. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Does anybody know if the current consist information that is used at the start of an activity is saved? I started a long activity with many saves not knowing that locomotive information for some of the consists was not set up right. When I discovered the problem, I corrected the problem, but still did not see the intended results. One of the consists was the player consist. At one point I restarted the activity only to find one of the missing locomotives on my train, but not on my train that was from the save process. The AI trains were showing this issue as well. Is this a bug that may have been overlooked? The other part is that if OR was unable to assemble an entire train from the consist, then there should have been an error which there was none.

Edit: Currently running V2870.

Edward K.

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Do you mean the consist file as such (.con), or do you mean the wagon/engine details of rolling stock within the consist?

With regards to the consist file : as the consist may change during an activity, the actual consist is saved, and that information is used on resume. The original consist file is not reread on resume.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

View Postroeter, on 17 February 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Do you mean the consist file as such (.con), or do you mean the wagon/engine details of rolling stock within the consist?

With regards to the consist file : as the consist may change during an activity, the actual consist is saved, and that information is used on resume. The original consist file is not reread on resume.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Rob,

Yes, I was referring to the consist(.con) file. Then what took place is part of normal operation with the exception of not knowing from the start that OR was unable to use all the items in the consist.

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

I had so many entries in the log that I overlooked the "Ignored missing wagon message". Now to figure out why they are ignored.

Edward K.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users