• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Timetables and LODs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

Is it possible to get the LODs to work as it does in say, explore mode, in timetable mode? Example is, I made a timetable with two freights, and two Amtrak trains(The Southwest Chief's) for Glorieta Pass, and when running explore mode I can see my own train to the maximum of view distance. Yet in Timetable mode, my train and others, are not visible until they are near me, even some cars of my own train being cut off and disappearing. I suspect this is something to do with LOD levels?

#2 User is online   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

If the LOD slider is moved too far left or right it has the effect you describe. Unless you have framerate problems leave that slider at the default position centred at 0%.

Moving all the way right cuts the player train visibility after 10 cars, moving it all the way left will make all cars and locomotives invisible unless fairly close in the view, and even then only one car or locomotive can be seen. It also removes track sections from view.

#3 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

copperpen, on 16 February 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

If the LOD slider is moved too far left or right it has the effect you describe. Unless you have framerate problems leave that slider at the default position centred at 0%.

Moving all the way right cuts the player train visibility after 10 cars, moving it all the way left will make all cars and locomotives invisible unless fairly close in the view, and even then only one car or locomotive can be seen. It also removes track sections from view.

OH, hah yep that was the problem! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users