Elvas Tower: Open Rails V2843 Bug: Loose consists missing - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails V2843 Bug: Loose consists missing Nearly all, with rare exceptions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hi Guys,

in a self-created activity for the ATSF Gallup Sub I am supposed to be picking up a loose consist of hopper cars somewhere along the line. There´s just one problem, the cars are not there. Same thing goes for other static "decoration" consists in the activity, which is most visible in these two screenies, one from MSTS AE, the other from the ORTS Dispatcher window:

Attached Image: AE.jpg

Attached Image: DW.jpg

As can be seen, the consists placed in the AE simply do not show in the DW, not in ORTS in-game, and that already directly at the start of the activity. Also, AI trains seem to be unaffected (the one passing the player about 2 minutes into the activity shows up, have not checked other AI trains).

Route Riter says the activity is OK, as does Conbuilder (which I used to specifically check consists and loose consists in the activity. CB also declares all ENGs and WAGs in the activity as OK.

Content used is Bob Wirth´s ATSF Gallup Sub, available for free from TS.com (search for Gallup Sub). The activity is one originally supplied with the route, but heavily modified by me for use in ORTS and with more prototypical trains (almost nothing is as in the original).

Here is the log file from the same run the DW shot was also taken on: Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (62K)
Number of downloads: 160

What´s going on here? Might it be related to a similar problem that was reported and resolved recently?

Cheers, Markus

This post has been edited by markus_GE: 11 February 2015 - 11:56 AM
Reason for edit:: Get pics to show correctly

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Markus, does the problem occur in any of the original KUJU routes? If yes, which ones?

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

I have not yet checked that, however I have checked with older versions of ORTS, down to 2299, the oldest one I still have (i keep about 25 to 50 of the "latest" weekly realeases) and the results are the same...

This leads me to think, it must either be a very long lasting bug in ORTS or something in the ACT itself. Either way, it can´t be of recent cause, since an old version of ORTS already shows the problem, and the ACT file hasn´t been touched in at least 4 months, probably even 6 months.

Cheers, Markus

PS: BTW, I think I have forgotten to attach the ACT file in the above, so here it is: Attached File  Gallup Local - OR.zip (6.2K)
Number of downloads: 151

Please let me know if any other files are needed (I´m still hoping it´s something in the ACT file, and not the dependencies)

#4 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Markus,

Try creating a new activity with one of the sidings that has this issue such as "Stockyards Ramp Trk 16 19". We would have to determine if the issue is a glitch or if it can be repeated.

Edward K.

Edit: Corrected siding name.

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

I created a test activity with exactly the same player service, and put one of the consists that otherwise ran as AI on the track you mentioned - and it was also there in the sim. :)

I will test with some other sidings that show that problem , too.

On a side note, I checked other activities for this route, redone by me at about the same time as that one, following the same process, and it seemed all LCs were where they should be (I saw many loose consists and thus didn´t check in AE).

Cheers, Markus

#6 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Testing with consists places on the other three tracks in the yard directly south of the player´s path also was successful - everything showed up as it was supposed to.

Cheers, Markus

#7 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

There's 9 "File load exception" in the log-file - that's 9 engines which won't show.
No sign of where those hoppers are, though (or is there an engine in that consist?).

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#8 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:29 AM

After some searching, I found the file load exceptions, and am now looking into those. If I can resolve the issue (read, if I find them) I will try again and see what happens.

:) for your help so far, I wouldn´t even have found those exceptions.

Cheers, Markus

#9 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:45 AM

I checked out the ENG files and found nothing wrong with them, at all. This reminded me of a similar error I reported a few days ago, described in this thread here on the board.

Thus, I went to also check the CVF files, and found exactly the same problem as in the linked thread - a missing double quote around a null-string, á la ( " ) instead of ( "" ).

I corrected all those errors, and all LCs are back where and as they should be.

However, many of the offending LCs have no loco attached to, neither one working correctly, not one that had the above issue. Nevertheless, these consists didn´t show. Thus, I´m still thinking we´re having a problem in ORTS here - why doesn´t it show those LCs even if there´s nothing wrong with them at all? And why does it show them, after totally unrelated issues have been fixed? Somethings seems wrong here, doesn´t it?

Cheers, Markus

PS: Of course, I´m also thinking why none of the file checking tools (Route Riter, Conbuilder) I used warned about this syntax error? And even before that, how they sneaked in there when I was actually trying to fix other things (but that problem is almost 100% certainly related to my error chasing process... :) )

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users