• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My activity with CNBALA2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

I created the activity plus services, paths, traffic and train consists. The activity that I have to create is in the program of Microsoft Train Simulator Editor and Tools program because Open Rails don't have one yet and believe is in development now. The train consists that I have to create is in the program of Conbuilder. Pretty much I have to change the timing of the train meet from Microsoft Train Simulator to Open Rails because of different time meet. I have to do one at a time to make sure the first meet work then second meet work and go on. I created 7 AI trains for CNBALA2. Finally got all working together for a good three weeks till this week with new update of Open Rails. The problem is with second AI train. I made the player go into third track from the double tracks and second AI train go by on double tracks with no problem. But yesterday or the day before the player train stop at red signal and Open Rails won't let them go into third track for some reasons. But the funny thing is that I just tested the same activity in Microsoft Train Simulator and it works. IS there a reason for the development team change for this part. I did try this morning with the latest version of Open Rails and still the same. Last week or the week before all trains works even with 2nd AI train meet the player train with no problem and now can't. Don 't ask me why??

Thank you,

John

P.S. If anyone want to beta testing this activity and please pm me. Remember that this activity is in early stage and not yet post the activity in the forum.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Some questions:
- do you check the "Enhanced compatibility with MSTS activities" option? If you want that the OR behavior resembles the MSTS behaviour it is suggested that you check such option
- do you use the Autopilot mode for testing? By using that with accelerated time you cut quite substantially the development time
- since which version did the behavior of your activity change?

I must say that I had a message from an activity developer of my country that said that since release 2780 in a specific route in a specific station a train gets a red when it has to take the diverging route on a switch in an entrance of a station. Things worked up to release 2778.

#3 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

Will check this tonight when I go off duty from my job as a student support counsellor. And will post tonight.

John

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

But the funny thing is that I just tested the same activity in Microsoft Train Simulator and it works.

You cannot compare the working of an activity in MSTS with the working in OR.
The aim is to be as close as possible, but the whole program and logic is completely different.
OR is not in any way derived from MSTS. It just uses the MSTS data definitions, but the program - and specifically the signalling and train control - was competely written from scratch.

IS there a reason for the development team change for this part.

We still regularly find small (and sometimes not so small) errors in the signalling and control logic, which we then try to correct. Sometimes, we get it wrong and actually may cause some other error. Sometimes, certain functions no longer work as they did as they did not actually work correctly. Sometimes, removing an error only reveals the next one.
In most cases where we suspect something is wrong we will try and found out what is happening. But often it requires the exact situation as that situation in itself is unique - and that is not always easy to do.

As for this problem here : a screenshot of the F5 dispatcher HUD display as the train is stuck could tell us a bit more. A screenshot of the trackviewer showing the intended paths would also be welcome.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

Attn: Csantucci -- I just checked in Options Menu of Open Rails to see if I have both check mark in the boxes with " Enhanced compatibility with MSTS activities " and "Autopilot " too. I can't remember if I have " Autopilot " on for testing. More likely yes because I already have the checkmark in the box with " Nightly channel for Developers " in Updater under Options Menu. So I know that I did not change this at all.

John

#6 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Attn: Roeter

I am going to try to get a screenshot of the F5 dispatcher HUD display also a screenshot of trackviewer as well.

Thank you,

John

#7 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

OK I just check the TrackViewer to see if the path is setup that I want for the player train go from the double track to third track. And it is. That's what I have setup before in the program of MSTS Activity Editor and is working for more than 3 weeks till earlier this week with the player train stop at red instead of diverge into third track with approach signal. That's what I want to know why it's working before but not now and wonder if something to do with the changes of latest version in Open Rails? That's my question for this.

Thank you,

John

#8 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

jpmackay, on 12 February 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

OK I just check the TrackViewer to see if the path is setup that I want for the player train go from the double track to third track. And it is. That's what I have setup before in the program of MSTS Activity Editor and is working for more than 3 weeks till earlier this week with the player train stop at red instead of diverge into third track with approach signal. That's what I want to know why it's working before but not now and wonder if something to do with the changes of latest version in Open Rails? That's my question for this.

Well, one can indeed wonder about that, for as far as I can tell there are no changes which should bring such an effect - I ran quite a few routes since those changes with quite a few trains, and have found no train anywhere which now is stuck somewhere.
So, it is something very specific to this situation. And without those screenshots I asked for, we will never find out.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#9 User is offline   bennycdn 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OPENRAILS/RUN8

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

John
Same thing happened to me testing it out last evening,cornfield meet with second AI,signals on both ends are red.I tried it twice.I didn't try to get past the AI in manual mode yet.

#10 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Now you see that's where I find the problem with this AI train? Earlier like two or three weeks ago I had no problem with the second AI train meet the player train and now stuck with both red. I couldn't figure it out and gave up with this but it's working in the program of Microsoft Train Simulator. I couldn't understand why in between both programs with one is working and other is not working.

Smile,

John

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users