Elvas Tower: Updater Sync lost when sim is time accelerated - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updater Sync lost when sim is time accelerated Some weird things happen....in manual control Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

Thanks to Carlos we can enjoy the autopilot feature for testing purposes as well as casual use.

However there is something odd that happens. I use the time acceleration feature to verify problems/bugs...many of which require some time going by in the sim so that AI consists are loaded etc.

Some of the odd things that I encounter is that if I place the sim in autopilot mode and use time acceleration all is well up to a point of maybe 500%-1000% faster than "normal" time. If I suddenly decide to pull out of the autopilot mode, at for example, a red signal light, often I cannot regain manual control of the train. Pressing Alt -X helps, but there are times...where the wheels of the locomotive vaporize into thin air, the shape and textures are gone. Returning to the autopilot mode restores control, but the missing shapes never return and autopilot mode does not reset the problems in the manual control mode. The only thing that can be done is to restart the activity from the beginning (I have not tried saving the game state).

The point here seems that the autopilot mode seems to be able to reset things such that control is restored, but the manual control cannot be reset in the same way. Again this happens with time acceleration. There are no errors in the log file to report.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users