Elvas Tower: Open rails Version x2669 BUG: shows KPH instead of MPH - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open rails Version x2669 BUG: shows KPH instead of MPH Route shows KPH NOT MPH in track monitor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LionelDave 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS (since 12/2014)

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

I just bought and installed the payware route St. Louis & Northern route from V Scale Creations. (I have their other 2 routes installed and working OK)

When I bring up the "track monitor" it shows KPH instead of MPH. It's very annoying to me but not sure this is a really that big of a problem.

It doesn't matter which activity I select or which engine even the default gp38 in explore route.

I don't believe it's a route problem because the track monitor in MSTS shows MPH.

Dave

PS: sorry if I didn't do this right.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Dave, not an OR bug. Something that was designed into the route and is changable by yourself.
Find the StL_NA.trk file in the StL_NA route folder.
Look for the phrase MilepostUnitsKilometers (line 42 in my file) and change it to read ... MilepostUnitsMiles. [make sure you do not disturb the ( ) after the phrase]

There was a thread about this here at Elvas but I cannot locate it right now.
Although, the route creator may have had something in mind when using "MilepostUnitsKilometers" instead of "MilepostUnitsMiles". I don't know enough about route building to know if it has any other effects.
I've changed it myself and everything appears just fine. My rule is - it's my railroad and I can do what I want.
That, in reality, appears to be historically correct - at least in US history.

Note: concerning the mph showing in MSTS, that would be what is fondly called "a Feature" by the more experienced folks. MSTS sometimes ignores what is in the file and subs something.
OR is more rigorous and actually reads the files and implements (or tries its best to) what is written in the file.

#3 User is offline   LionelDave 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS (since 12/2014)

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

WOW!! You did it again.

It's a good thing these forums don't have speed dial. Your phone would be ringing all the time.

Thanks for being there when I need you.

Dave

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostLionelDave, on 03 February 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

WOW!! You did it again.
Dave

:sign_welcome: I don't think it deserved wow in caps. I was merely doing what someone did for me when I asked the same question a few months ago.
Do the same when someone else asks it. It is sure to happen. Glad it worked out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users