• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spawners and Location Events Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

That's a much better way to go.
I was just thinking of a tool which extracts all references to car spawners, and allows the user (interactively) set specific details - not just different car selections, but also varying traffic levels according to time of day etc.
All this information is then stored, using world-tile indices and position within world-tile as references - in proper JSON format, which has been set as standard ORTS new file formats.
It could even have an update function - listing those spawners found in the route for which no related entry in the ORTS list is found, as well as those in the ORTS list which have no related world file entry anymore.
It could even be possible to have this tool open at the same time as the MSTS RE, and on selecting a spawner, to go to the relevant world position (a tool named Jumper does that - so it is possible, allthough I have no idea how).
When OR reads a spawner in a world-file, it gets the related additional info from its own file.

That would create a proper tool for users, adds the required information to the route and keeps well clear of any files which MSTS may rewrite when editing the route.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#12 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

Jumper and other tools like AlignU and REJumper grab the world tile coords and object coords by finding the window handle of the CAMERA and the OBJECT windows, and then finding the child object values.

I can forward you some code I use to grab the camera positions.

#13 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

The car spawner idea is a good one. Here in Ontario we have the same kind of situations, highways with lots of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers and side roads with just the occasional car/light truck.

Someone was developing or had a route with 2 car spawners in it, I believe it was one from Europe.

This is something I would like to see developed. The "Scheduled Meet" is something else, and the new OR Editor hopefully will help with that.

#14 User is offline   DRelyea 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. It always irked me that the assumption was all roads were the same, and all traffic patterns were identical.

Doug Relyea

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users