Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Severe Wheelslip Problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

I thought that I should post my message about wheelslip in the program of Open Rails. OK right now in Options Menu that I have below:

Adhesion factor correction: 130%

Adhesion factor random change: 10%

I did not touch or change both of Adhesion factor and it's already setup by the team of Open Rails. Now my question is that I ran into too many wheelslips with the route of MLT CNBALA2. I did not touch any throttle and let the freight train running within 60 MPH on the tracks and every a minute and a half to two minutes get wheelslip when the game get jerking or drop the FPS and build up the FPS while running on the route of MLT CNBALA2. Is there a possibility for the team of Open Rails to look into to stop from getting too many wheelslip. Or do I have to change the two lines with " Adhesion factor " in Options Menu. Also how do I reduce the wheelslip from maximum to minimum and I will accept some but not every one minute and a half to two minutes along the route.

Thank you,

John

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Looks to me you are getting "FPS wheelslips" - nothing to do with adhesion or, indeed, physics.

The Advanced physics calculation gets into trouble when the update rate drops below a certain threshold, and becomes unstable.
You indicate that the wheelslip occurs when FPS is jittering - likely the result of load actions of new tiles, worldfiles and required shapes. The drop in update rate due to the time required to load the new data causes instability of the advanced physics calculation, which in turn causes the wheelslip.

You could try to select the option "Automatically tune settings to keep performance level" (experimental tab in options window), or reduce the visibility distance (video tab in options window), both of which should reduce the amount of data which is to be loaded.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Rob -- thank you for your time to reply and I click the mark in the box to "Automatically tune settings to keep performance level." The other part is to reduce the visibility distance (video tab in options window). I did not touch that yet but have a question about visibility distance. Right now I have 2000m in the box. If I have to change the distance and what would be more appropriate to change from 2000m to 1000m or 1500m. I will try with the first one to see if that improve the wheelslip to a minimum.

Thank you again,

John

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users