Elvas Tower: Activity Issue - Different results on MSTS and Openrails - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activity Issue - Different results on MSTS and Openrails Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_Ed Greenberg_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

I just purchased the 3dtrains Feather River Route.

Running an activity that has reverses, switches, etc in it, I get different result on MSTS and OR.

The activity (PG&E Wire Delivery) has me drive through the yard to the main, and stop at a red signal guarding a crossover.

In MSTS I get the red, I wait as the route orders state, two trains come by, and the signal turns yellow. I proceed across the cross over and go about my business.

In OR, the signal is yellow, and, per the flying camera, the first of the two trains are stopped, at a location without a signal. I pass the yellow signal, drive on, but eventually go off the path and into emergency.

I'm running the very latest (28??). I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm in Linux now and cannot boot into Windows due to other processes on the machine.

I also tried waiting at the yellow for about 15 minutes past when the briefing said that the two trains would pass, but there was no movement from the opposing train.

Any ideas? Should this be reported as a bug?

Thanks,

Ed Greenberg

#2 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

I have reworked all activities for this route. In this one only change was adding waiting point for player. If You want I can send to You that act after my tuning.

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Besides rewriting parts of the activity (which sometimes has to be done ) try this....
After picking up caboose, switch to manual mode.... That should give the yard switch to the arriving Zephyr and the road power (see DispatchViewer screenshot taken in activity)
After the Zephyr and road power pass throw the switch for the player and enter the Van Camp/Pg&E siding. (by staying in manual you'll miss the reverse point to enter VanCamp but that;s okay - for OR that's really an irrelevant addition)
I believe you'll need to be in manual mode to pick up the Pg&E cars anyway.
After picking up the PG&E cars and the caboose on the rear, switch back to auto mode and you should be okay for the rest of the activity.

I really do love this flexibility with OR, it enables you to take control and get around having to rewrite activites. Although, in some spots like passenger activities I can see where it might upset the timing quite a lot,

(please ignore my speeding in the yard - I usually try to keep it around 5 to 15mph)

Edit: I added screenshots of the CZ passing after the road power had already entered yard -- this is in manual mode.
next screenshot shows OR back in auto mode, signals correct and reverse point present --- this is probably the way to go.

LAST edit: Nope I was wrong, stay in manual after the road power and CZ passes, throw the switch (your path will go right into VanCamp) and TAB the signal to yellow...in auto the path throws you OOCH! (out of control, heck)
Also, when I picked up the caboose I did not put any air on it, that way it was easier to drop at Van Camp. I do love the new brake implementation.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2015-01-19 15-15-54-568.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-01-19 15-24-08-939.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-01-19 15-51-17-443.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2015-01-19 15-52-12-491.jpg

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

I did some more tinkering and it appears that the shortness of the path and the reverse point in the VanCamp siding area is causing the "out of control" path problem.
I removed this reverse point, the path now goes straight past VanCamp to the PG&E Rodgers siding.
I left all the reverse points from the path start to VanCamp intact.
So it works fine, if you run Manual mode after picking up the caboose. The road power and the CZ pass and enter yard - tab through signals, enter VanCamp, pick up cable flats, and reverse back to main line.
Switch to auto and finish the run.
Someone with more activity writing knowledge than I could provide a more elegant solution.

(I didn't understand Fabloks post about the waiting point, perhaps that is a better solution)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users