• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Raildriver: Dynamic Brake Bug Found Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Ok I have found are Raildriver bug with dynamic braking an the problem appears to be the raildriver code is not reading the delay time before engaging as a keyboard correctly does even though it buzzes preventing from it until the time has passed but in raildriver nope.... which is realistic like a computer system protecting traction motors like its supposed to do to delay time before engaging no matter what dynamic notch percent you rush into from power. Not bad for when you deeply engage before delay time is reached just like dynamic to power directly should be, but something is wrong with raildriver reading delay time in seconds.

I tried these settings bellow an got the dynamics engaging later then the seconds:

With DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging ( 1 ) My dynamics acted real from power directly into dynamic an came into its braking force notch in about 10 seconds.
With DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging ( 2 ) My dynamics acted too long away from being in effect even at idle for 30 seconds an no power an effective retarding at about 18-20 seconds after putting dynamics at %50.
With DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging ( 3 ) My throttle at idle a long time engaged after about 12 seconds but from power directly fast into dynamics they did not set up until 45 seconds.
With DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging ( 6 ) My dynamics were cut in rolling down Mojave to beyond Fleta on the Cajon Pass 4 an then came into affect about 9 minutes after engaging directly from power to dynamics.

It also made me think as if my RPM was at the idle speed for those number of seconds then they would engage but right now the delay time has a bug in the Raildriver code if you testers would like to try it out an if you got a high setting like 8 seconds you don't have to wait over 10 min to see them setting up an can actually see by moving at a good speed then setting up the dynamic calculating min an seconds an speed up time with ctrl + alt an PGUP key an see what min second they kick in.

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

May I ask you to test the attached RunActivity.exe, if this solves the problem? (I don't have a RailDriver device, thus this is just a bit of guessing. :bigboss: And SVN server doesn't work properly currently, and it is impossible to update this as a new revision as of now.)
Attached File  RunActivity.zip (614.23K)
Number of downloads: 182

#3 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

Works like a charm an the way it should be. Thanks Peter :)

#4 User is offline   Gary54 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

The behavior of the DBs has improved some with Peter's RunActivity.exe. However, the DynamicBrakesDelayTimeBeforeEngaging must be set at ( 5 ) in order to see the 10 second delay; keeping it at ( 10 ) delays the DBs for as much as 2-3 minutes. Also, the cabview never shows the "S" for setup; it simply displays a "0."

Gary

#5 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

I set mine to 10 an got 10 seconds with raildriver from even from power fast into a dynamic setting. Did you turn off Large Address aware in the settings so it can run "RunActivity.exe" instead of "RunActivityLAA.exe" ?

#6 User is offline   Gary54 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Excellent point, ATW. As you to aptly put it, the DBs run like a charm now. Thanks to you and Peter for your work on this.

Gary

#7 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

Committed as r2729.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users