• You cannot reply to this topic

Locomotive crew freight animation vanishes ? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hi Vince,

Wow - you're certainly not afraid of ambitious projects - been a fan of your NEC for years... Your new project - funny - I lived right next to the tracks in Floral Park 1965-1970 (age 0-5) which I blame for my current like of trains - my parents mentioned I was mesmerized every time a train passed - I can still remember them... Best of luck with it...
;)

Regards,
Scott

#12 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

You'll see several Floral Park screens in that album link. I have ~700 track miles installed with high detail scenery installed. Thats about 50% done . . .

On the other off topic re; slipping brakes. NOT!
It was the activity and an 'invisible engine' in front of my stopped train that was causing the problem. I had the invisible engine there to hold the signal red for me so a freight would pass me while I was stopped at Cutbank. I (correctly) guessed that OR's superior AI train handling wouldn't need crazy things like invisible engines to control signals and I was right.

I have no idea how an invisible AI engine, physically 1 meter in length, running at >1 mph towards my train would cause this. All I 'know' is I removed the traffic control invisible engine AI and everything operated normally.

regards
vince

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users