• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Headlights in OR was Awaiting OR v1.0 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   RTP 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

Almost in my country, crossing trains must have headlights dim or off. Regards.

#62 User is offline   jasonattorney 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Would adding deferred shading also necessitate a move to DirectX 10 due to the hardware anti-aliasing issues mentioned on the Wikipedia page (under 'Disadvantages')?... or will other issues force a move to DirectX 10 (or higher) that you can foresee anytime in the near future? Or would moving up from DirectX 9 be a major undertaking far above and beyond even adding deferred shading? I guess I ask because I have a fear that Microsoft will abandon DirectX 9 backwards-compatibilty soon due to its age. Is this an issue in your mind?

Jason

#63 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

View Postjasonattorney, on 29 January 2015 - 03:50 AM, said:

Would adding deferred shading also necessitate a move to DirectX 10 due to the hardware anti-aliasing issues mentioned on the Wikipedia page (under 'Disadvantages')?... or will other issues force a move to DirectX 10 (or higher) that you can foresee anytime in the near future? Or would moving up from DirectX 9 be a major undertaking far above and beyond even adding deferred shading? I guess I ask because I have a fear that Microsoft will abandon DirectX 9 backwards-compatibilty soon due to its age. Is this an issue in your mind?

I believe that it's possible to do okay (but not great) with DirectX 9, and I'll certainly start by making the smallest number of changes to test it out, but it may be something we have to leave until we move to DirectX 10 or later. The move to DirectX 10 is planned but not timetabled, if that makes sense; we know we'll do it but not when. There's some other things we need to do first to allow it but it's definitely in the long-term plan. :)

#64 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

Hi Folks,

Just a request if anyone works on the lighting - please see if we can allow the "sphere" of light to be attached to the tender on steam locomotives...

Thanks for all you guys do...

Regards,
Scott

#65 Inactive_teostet1_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Is there a way for the AI engines to use the same player "cone of light" in AI mode, in O.R.? Would be a great improvement if so.

This post has been edited by teostet1: 16 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users