Elvas Tower: Steam Locomotive - Bogie 2 - pivot animation broken ? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotive - Bogie 2 - pivot animation broken ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hi Folks,

Just something I noticed last night - Bogie 2 no longer seems to pivot on curves in OR (x2682). As you go around turns it doesn't pivot and the wheel set comes off the rails... I've checked a couple different steam locomotives and they all appear to have the same error... I went into MSTS and the same locomotives work properly... I didn't test diesels...

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi Folks,

"Edward K" helped a great deal - but we're at a loss - I am unable to get any steam locomotive to export from 3DC that has a working animation on Bogie 2... I've tried everything I can think of - I'm even including a bare bones test example that is broken... The text example was "genned" with Paul Gausden's plug-in and the only work by me was to put some textures on it and export... Bogie 1 works fine - Bogie 2 is FROZEN in place an and will not move... This same test example works fine in MSTS without issue... Something being exported is causing OR to choke...

Attached example is operational and ready to run in ORTS or MSTS...

Attached File  orbogietest.zip (11.82MB)
Number of downloads: 168

S.O.S ?
:(

Regards,
Scott

#3 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

Hi Folks,

Just some more information in this thread... This seems to affect some but not all steam locomotives produced by 3DC - it's much more than just my models... We've looked at many of Derek's fine examples as well as others - some work - some do not... We've been unable to identify the root cause... This is in regards to the pivot swing animation of the bogies and not the wheel rotation - the wheels rotate fine... We've gone through the shape files and compared hierarchies between working and non-working examples - nothing seems obviously different... I've tried restructuring and renaming the parts in the hierarchy - no change...

Oh - - we've tried older versions of ORTS - and - it seems this has been broken for a while... Derek seemed to notice this problem a while back when possibly some changes to ORTS were being made to accommodate specialty cars such as articulated cars ???

Anyway - greatly appreciate any help or insight anyone cares to offer...
:)

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users