• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track monitor shows platform at wrong position Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

The track monitor shows the platform at an incorrect position, too near to the train.
As the picture shows, the track monitor places the platform ahead of the signal, and it actually shows that the train is already at the platform. But the platform is well beyond the signal.
Both F5 and F10 show the correct details : F5 shows the signal at 0.1m, F10 shows the platform at 0.3m.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-12-05 01-03-43.jpg

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

It's actually in the correct position within the current limits of the Track Monitor - platforms are shown such that they line up with the white train icon when you are stopped at them, so it's the top that represents the location of the station stop. In future the station height on the Track Monitor will correctly match the length of the platform which will avoid this slight weirdness.

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

I agree with Rob.
The length of the platform icon is far too high. A reduction of length would be welcome.
James, have you calculated to what length in meters the icon corresponds? I believe it corresponds to a length that is quite bigger than the standard platform.

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 06 December 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

The length of the platform icon is far too high. A reduction of length would be welcome.

I've already said the icon is not the correct size for any platform. It never has been. Feel free to improve it by figuring out how long the platform is and stretching the icon to the right height.

#5 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

The platform icon in the track monitor currently shows the train as entering the station when it is actually 0.4 miles to go, this did not happen until recently. It does indeed show the train Icon at the exit end of the platform icon when stopped though.

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

I have uploaded a station marker scaling in release 2692. Now the station marker height is the maximum between 12 and the scaling of the platform length. 12 is equivalent to about 310 meters. A marker smaller than 12 would have been too small to see.

#7 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

I like the look of the scaled station marker. However, we now seem only to get station markers for those stations where the activity defines a station stop. Nothing is shown where the train goes through the station without a scheduled stop, nor in 'Explore Route'. Could we please have these station markers back - a different colour might be good.

Martin

#8 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Just a question : why should you be interested to see stations where you don't have to stop in the Track Monitor?
You can see them well enough as you pass through them, I would think.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#9 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostBrace_2011, on 19 December 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

I like the look of the scaled station marker. However, we now seem only to get station markers for those stations where the activity defines a station stop. Nothing is shown where the train goes through the station without a scheduled stop, nor in 'Explore Route'. Could we please have these station markers back - a different colour might be good.

We've never had station markers for any station except those used in the activity. I wouldn't object to them in a lighter blue perhaps but I'm not sure they're actually useful.

#10 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

I am a relatively recent user of OpenRails, and hadn't noticed the markers were missing, until I used OR to help write a new activity.

Why do I find them useful? Because when I am writing a new timetable I like to drive the route in Explore Route mode and note arrival times at stations. It is difficult to slow properly for a station stop if there is no marker in the track monitor.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users