• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recent Versions Crash on Old Activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

I recently stumbled across a problem trying to run the demo activity "Autoracks to San Diego" that is part of the Surfliner 2 route. It ran fine in Version 0.9, and will run in X2231, for example. But ORTS crashes in recent versions, at least since X2615, and including X2682 when I type Ctrl-M at the beginning to switch to manual mode. I have attached the log for X2682 and the log for 0.9. Note that the newer versions report more problems with the world files. Any comments?

Cheers,
Sid

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Capture.JPG

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

Sid, just opened and ran activity (at least the start of it) in X2673, no problems, ran a few weeks ago in another version. Attached copy of my log for comparison.
Started the activity twice, once in auto, it ran and saved okay, second time activity loaded, switched to manual at beginning, activity ran and saved okay.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Much of the errors in both logs appear similiar, I was curious about the world files - attached a screenshot of what I found. Removed the offending line - replaced with a blank; eliminates that error. Still learning about the signal duplication errors.
I did notice you have all the enhanced MSTS activity options checked, while mine are not. Have you tried the activity with them unchecked? Don't know if that has anything to do with the problem??

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2014-12-04 23-52-24-268.jpg

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

View PostSid P., on 04 December 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

I recently stumbled across a problem trying to run the demo activity "Autoracks to San Diego" that is part of the Surfliner 2 route. It ran fine in Version 0.9, and will run in X2231, for example. But ORTS crashes in recent versions, at least since X2615, and including X2682 when I type Ctrl-M at the beginning to switch to manual mode. I have attached the log for X2682 and the log for 0.9. Note that the newer versions report more problems with the world files. Any comments?

Cheers,
Sid

Sid,
as written in the autopilot thread, release 2683 should solve this problem too (also in enhanced compatibility mode).

Richard,
it is true that this crash occurred only in enhanced compatibility mode.

#5 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 05 December 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I did notice you have all the enhanced MSTS activity options checked, while mine are not. Have you tried the activity with them unchecked? Don't know if that has anything to do with the problem??

Hi,
Very perceptive comment! I cleared the check for Enhanced MSTS Activities, and the crashes do not occur (at least in in X2682). It looks like that may be part of the source of the problem.
It is interesting that the error reports in the log changed as well when the option is unchecked - no more complaints about the world files, but a bunch of new ones about one of the wagon files. What is the real error in the .w files as far as ORTS is concerned?

Carlo, thanks again for the updates and fixes!

Cheers,
Sid.

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostSid P., on 05 December 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

It is interesting that the error reports in the log changed as well when the option is unchecked - no more complaints about the world files, but a bunch of new ones about one of the wagon files.
What is the real error in the .w files as far as ORTS is concerned?
Cheers,
Sid.

It's interesting that the errors changed when options are changed, especially concerning the world files. I'm no coder so that is way beyond me, seems improbable that would occur, but it does!
The error in the world files that OR finds is when a line is added (for any number of reasons) after the last set of brackets in the world file. In this instance it was "ERROR: **** Unknown Message-Definition ('Msg100','en') ****". Once the offending line was removed and replaced with a blank the errors cease. I do not know how this line originated.

In another situation the line had to do with Route_Riters TSUtils program. In another route's world files I found some comment lines after the last brackets. OR loads but notes these lines after the brackets as errors.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users