• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activity Player train isn't stationary at start Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   amtrakconductor 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Ok, here's the problem. When I create an activity sometimes, particularly when the starting point is on a grade. In passenger activities, the train starts to "roll" before depart time, therefore allowing the train to leave the station early. Is there a way to control this in the editor, or somewhere else perhaps?
Bear in mind that I'm a novice at finally being able to create things with MSTS. I've been waiting for several years and now that I'm retired and have the time to do it, I would like to learn. Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

I believe the *.ENG file for the player engine has to be set up to start with brakes applied.

Select an engine that you 'know' the brakes are applied at activity start and compare how the *.ENG brake section file is coded.
Reading the MSTS Tech Docs may be of some help here.

best,
vince

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

The brakes are defined in the Engine Controllers section of the ENG file, where you need to look for a line that starts with Brake_Engine and Brake_Train.

Either of these tokens is followed by an open parenthesis ¨(¨, followed by a bunch of numbers. The last of these numbers is the initial set of the brakes, in % divided by 100.

Make a backup of the file first, then try changing the last number in said line. Best will be to change it on the Brake_Train line, as only the train brake can hold a long train for sure. Optionally, you can also change the engine brake.

If that doesn´t do the trick, that last ïnitial set¨ parameter is missing. Try adding it, by inserting a space and the number after the last entry before the closing parenthesis.

This was written from memory, having done that just a few days ago. You can also look it up in MSTS´ Tech Docs, located somewhere on CD2 of the MSTS box.

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users