• You cannot reply to this topic

Traction force regulation and wheelsip by steam engines Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zaza 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hello!

If possible please switch off this traction force regulation -that comes up at wheelslip. It is really good idea and can be very useful with newer loks which has a system like this, but not the steam engines. Let the wheels spinning! :clapping:
I think a checkbox in the optoins will be enough, and if someone wish to use it, can check it.

And another thing with the wheelslip... In my oppinion the effect is slow. If the adhesion is reduced, it results a sudden spinning. This vid shows perfectly what i try to say: wheelslip-vid...wheelslip-vid2
Now I think the effect is like a slow-motion video. I know it depends on throttle and pressure and wieight and so on... but I can't do this as fast as it happens in real life.
If wheelslip occours steam consumption must increasing too, but at this time I can't see any effect for that.

And thank you for the sliders, which man can easily setup the adheasion. Great work, I like it very much!

Greetings, Adam

#2 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi,
the wheelslip calculation is slow because of the simulation has some limits in CPU time. The faster the simulation is, the more CPU time is needed to keep the real-time simulation. Just be patient, there is some effort to optimize the simulation and maybe some day it would be possible to have the wheelslip feature just like on the video.

Cheers,

Matej

#3 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

Options, Simulation tab, take the checkmark out of "Advanced Adhesion Model" :pleasantry:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users