Elvas Tower: Trouble releasing brakes, then my loco disappears - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble releasing brakes, then my loco disappears FBT gas to Proving Ground activity, X2500 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KiwiPeter 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails X

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi folks,

I have come back to OR after a break of about 2 months. Yesterday I ran this activity and completed the tasks, but then instead of parking up my engine I picked up all the other cars that had been sitting in the sidings to take them back 'home'. This is when trouble started: cars I picked up would couple, but their brakes were in emergency. I had to wait until the brake line pressure went up to each car's ER pressure, then they would release one by one. Shift-/ failed to work completely. Most of the time to half of the HUD brake lines would just go blank when I pressed Shift-/, or it did nothing at all.

I saved the game and went to pick it up again today. Things are getting worse:

The brakes are still playing up, then the loco loses its transmission: full throttle in forward, but it just freewheels backwards. Forward or reverse, doesn't work.

Paused the game to type this, return to it, press ESC and now my speed is displayed as NaN and my loco has become invisible. Brake and throttle controls change in the HUD, but apart from that there is now nothing but the sound of wind.

Ok, restarted OR, played from the previous save, all good, until I couple to the loose consists. Init brakes doesn't work, advance game speed in order to avoid 1/2 h wait, brakes off, loco loses power, speed is NaN in the cab, but still 0.0 everywhere else.

Restart again, speed in the cab is now 0.0, but still no power. The unusable state of the engine has been saved also. ;)

I have to add that this brake trouble has been with me ever since I have used OR, but it has been intermittent and the brakes will release eventually, so I can still play. But now, without power...

Cheers,
Peter.

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users