• Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

http://www.elvastowe...&code=sst&id=57
File Name: D&RGW Baldwin Consolidation Class C60 / C16
File Submitter: captain_bazza
File Submitted: 28 Jul 2006
File Category: Narrow Gauge

Four variants of 1900's D&RGW Baldwin Consolidation Class C60 / C16, locomotive number #268. The four variants are:- the original black scheme, the 1930's green boiler (Grasshopper) scheme, 1940's Chicago Exposition Bumblebee scheme in two stack variations. A separate upload includes 3 tenders suitable for the above. The locomotives feature high external 3d detailing, approx 20,000 polys each. Also features in my infamous ((BazzaMotion(2)) animation, for the locomotives and tenders.

Scale MSTS 1:1 scale, requires routes with 3ft gauge Xtracks. Requires preinstalled the default MSTS Golsdorf 380 locomotive, to which some soundsfx are aliased. Very nice sounding C16 type whistle (this is an updated/improved soundfx since the earlier outside frame locomotive previously released here).

The four locomotives are installed into a common folder. Make sure you read the installation readme, etc, thanks, included is further information about the models.

I must stress that the locomotive has been well tuned to represent the running characteristics of the class based on historical information and the latest tuning tweaks for MSTS steam locomotives. It is therefore essential that you only run prototypical consist vehicles and tonnages as recommended the ruling grades on the various sections of the USNG routes.

If you require further information regarding the above locomotives, etc, please post on the Elvas Tower MSTS Narrow Gauge forum, thank you.

Acknowledgements are due to many people, and this is properly taken care of in the documents. However, two special people come to mind for immediate thanks, Herb Kelsey and Howard Saunders, both of whom are, to put it mildy, nuts about US narrow gauge railroads. I acknowledge their valued help, as I do others, in the preparation and building of the C16 / tenders, in the aforementioned variants, for without them this project would not have reached release.

Cheers n regards
Captain Bazza
aka Barry R Munro

Original File Name = BZZ_USNG3_4x_C16_268_v1.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on Jul 29 2006, 05:13 AM, said:

http://www.elvastowe...&code=sst&id=57
File Name: D&RGW Baldwin Consolidation Class C60 / C16
File Submitter: captain_bazza
File Submitted: 28 Jul 2006
File Category: Narrow Gauge

Four variants of 1900's D&RGW Baldwin Consolidation Class C60 / C16, locomotive number #268. The four variants are:- the original black scheme, the 1930's green boiler (Grasshopper) scheme, 1940's Chicago Exposition Bumblebee scheme in two stack variations. A separate upload includes 3 tenders suitable for the above. The locomotives feature high external 3d detailing, approx 20,000 polys each. Also features in my infamous ((BazzaMotion(2)) animation, for the locomotives and tenders.

Scale MSTS 1:1 scale, requires routes with 3ft gauge Xtracks. Requires preinstalled the default MSTS Golsdorf 380 locomotive, to which some soundsfx are aliased. Very nice sounding C16 type whistle (this is an updated/improved soundfx since the earlier outside frame locomotive previously released here).

The four locomotives are installed into a common folder. Make sure you read the installation readme, etc, thanks, include is further information about the models.

I must stress that the locomotive has been well tuned to represent the running characteristics of the class based on historical information and the latest tuning tweaks for MSTS steam locomotives. It is therefore essential that you only run prototypical consist vehicles and tonnages as recommended the ruling grades on the various sections of the USNG routes.

If you require further information regarding the above locomotives, etc, please post on the Elvas Tower MSTS Narrow Gauge forum, thank you.

Acknowledgements are due to many people, and this is properly taken care of in the documents. However, two special people come to mind for immediate thanks, Herb Kelsey and Howard Saunders, both of whom are, to put it mildy, nuts about US narrow gauge railroads. I acknowledge their valued help, as I do others, in the preparation and building of the C16 / tenders, in the aforementioned variants, for without them this project would not have reached release.

Cheers n regards
Captain Bazza
aka Barry R Munro

Click here to download this file

::Addendum 13 March '08::
There will shortly be another version of Consol #268 in the guise of her configuration between building and the eras of the above varients.
CB

#3 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

I just downloaded the beautiful loco and can't find the tender anywhere in Con Builder. I've searched all over the CB and read the Read Me, but still can't figure out where it is. All help is appreciated.

Frog

#4 User is offline   Sandy River Tom 

• Senior Foreman of Engines
  • Group: Status: Senior Foreman, Engines
  • Simulator:ORTS-V1.5.1

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hi Frog:
The tender should appear in the Locos block (left block) as:
"BZZ_USNG3_C16_268_tender".

Bazza's tenders and cabooses appear as "non-driveable locos" for a reason only Bazza understands.
(must be an Aussie "thing")

They're beautiful locos, enjoy 'em! :bigboss:

#5 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hey Tom, thanks for the come-back, but the tender just doesn't show up. I have 4 versions of the 268 and their all locos. I also have the 169 and it shows up just fine, loco and tender. I guess I might delete the file and re-install it. Was the tender a seperate zip file? If so, then maybe I just didn't get it. If so, I guess I have to wait a week because I maxed out my weekly downloads.

View PostSandy River Tom, on Mar 12 2008, 07:16 PM, said:

Hi Frog:
The tender should appear in the Locos block (left block) as:
"BZZ_USNG3_C16_268_tender".

Bazza's tenders and cabooses appear as "non-driveable locos" for a reason only Bazza understands.
(must be an Aussie "thing")

They're beautiful locos, enjoy 'em! :bigboss:

#6 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

Hey CB - thanks for the input. I'll be watching for the new tender file. I just found the tender download file on the site, as I must have missed it. Why do I have a week limit on downloads? I didn't know that when I started downloading, and I would like to start running the new locos.

Frog

View Postcaptain_bazza, on Mar 12 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

::Addendum 13 March '08::
There will shortly be another version of Consol #268 in the guise of her configuration between building and the eras of the above varients.
CB

#7 Inactive_Jim_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

View Postfrog, on Mar 13 2008, 01:28 AM, said:

Hey CB - thanks for the input. I'll be watching for the new tender file. I just found the tender download file on the site, as I must have missed it. Why do I have a week limit on downloads? I didn't know that when I started downloading, and I would like to start running the new locos.

Frog

The file limit is a stop-gap measure. See these links for more info:

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=15978

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=16012

#8 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

AUSSIE!? B)

So you don't mind if I call you "Canadian"!? :bigboss:

Cheers Bazza :read:

#9 User is offline   Huecuvoe 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

The "readme" implies that there are three models of tenders, however there are no tender shape, ENG or WAG files included in the BZZ_USNG3_4x_C16_268_v1.zip archive. Will the tenders be uploaded later, or should I download and use the Tender for US 3ft NG C16 Consolidation #169?

Or (as often happens) did I totally miss something? :bigboss:

BTW, the engines look great! :read:

#10 Inactive_Jim_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostHuecuvoe, on Mar 14 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

The "readme" implies that there are three models of tenders, however there are no tender shape, ENG or WAG files included in the BZZ_USNG3_4x_C16_268_v1.zip archive. Will the tenders be uploaded later, or should I download and use the Tender for US 3ft NG C16 Consolidation #169?

Or (as often happens) did I totally miss something? :bigboss:

BTW, the engines look great! B)

Yep, you missed it but don't feel bad. It's not obvious but I believe the library entry you're looking for is http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php...mp;showfile=157 B)

It would alleviate some :read: if dependent/associated file(s) could be so noted with the information for a given file...Chile Bill? B) B)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users