• You cannot reply to this topic

Engine Disappears Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

I am trying to run Charlie's 2.0 of Silverton in OR and with Barry's K 424, nice engine

I can load the route, and see the train, i made a consist for myself. The engine is sitting there, i take off the brake, engine and train, slowly increase throttle, with the reverser in forward and

nothing happens, the engine disappers except for the wheels, and it just sits there train does not move.

what should i do? what can i do? i have not driven much in OR but this is a first.

this error report pops up when i exit:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ORTS.Processes.UpdaterProcess.Updated....etc.

Cs.lline 123

cs.line 101

also how to you get a normal camera view of the engine looking forward? the opening view has a view of the train looking backwards from the engine..the view should be forward....

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostCrisGer, on 29 August 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I am trying to run Charlie's 2.0 of Silverton in OR and with Barry's K 424, nice engine

I can load the route, and see the train, i made a consist for myself. The engine is sitting there, i take off the brake, engine and train, slowly increase throttle, with the reverser in forward and

nothing happens, the engine disappers except for the wheels, and it just sits there train does not move.

what should i do? what can i do? i have not driven much in OR but this is a first.

this error report pops up when i exit:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ORTS.Processes.UpdaterProcess.Updated....etc.

Cs.lline 123

cs.line 101

also how to you get a normal camera view of the engine looking forward? the opening view has a view of the train looking backwards from the engine..the view should be forward....

Press the keybd arrow keys to adjust the direction of view . . .
I can't help with the exception but the opening view (2) has always been like that. Press (1) to sit in cab.

Press F1 to see a list of keyboard commands.
Open the documentation folder for a complete list documenting all commands.

Norte that the OR keyboard camera commands are not a 1 for 1 clone of MSTS commands (thankfully!)

It's takes some getting used to but MSTS did too . . .at least with OR there IS documentation provided.

Enjoy!
Vince

#3 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

thanks Vince i worked on it more and managed to get it to work ok..still nto sure why that engine of Barry's disappears except for teh wheels, i will have to ask him it would not move either. had sound problems with two of the nice engines from the library here by Pratt, or Platt...cant recall the name exactly they were nice but the sound file for the engine would just get very shrill and not at all right so something was wrong with it in OR. thanks for teh post. :sign_thanks:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users