• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Save/restore problem since 1-2 weeks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

I've always using the latest OR from nightly, but since few weeks sometimes the savegames can't be loaded, as OR says "Save file is incompatible with current revision of Open Rails so activity cannot continue" "Save file revision = 0" "Open rails revision =2427"

First problem i see that the save file revision is wrong, and it's not damaged file, as every save that i made running this activity, have the same problem.
The problem isn't connected to the route, or the rolling stock(i tried both), it seems to be connected to the activity, however this happened with other activities too.

I've attached the save file: Attached File  save.zip (191.58K)
Number of downloads: 167

Warning: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ORTS.ControllerFactory.Restore(IController controller, BinaryReader inf) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\SubSystems\Controllers\ControllerFactory.cs:line 47
   at ORTS.MSTSDieselLocomotive.Restore(BinaryReader inf) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSDieselLocomotive.cs:line 228
   at ORTS.Train.RestoreCars(Simulator simulator, BinaryReader inf) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Physics\Train.cs:line 776
   at ORTS.Train..ctor(Simulator simulator, BinaryReader inf) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Physics\Train.cs:line 501
   at ORTS.Simulator.RestoreTrains(BinaryReader inf) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Simulator.cs:line 925
   at ORTS.Simulator.Restore(BinaryReader inf, Single initialTileX, Single initialTileZ) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Simulator.cs:line 331
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Resume(UserSettings settings, String[] args) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 389
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.<>c__DisplayClass8.<Load>b__3() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 155
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Load() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 190
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 122
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 103
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.LoaderThread() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 74
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Error: ORTS.Processes.IncompatibleSaveException: Exception of type 'ORTS.Processes.IncompatibleSaveException' was thrown.
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Resume(UserSettings settings, String[] args) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 410
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.<>c__DisplayClass8.<Load>b__3() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 154
   at ORTS.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Load() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 190
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 122
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 103
   at ORTS.Processes.LoaderProcess.LoaderThread() in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 74
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

#2 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

I've had this problem and in my case it's connected to railcars with gearboxes, in my case hydraulic automatic drive. The eng file in question seems to be a bit inconsistent - Number of gears 1, automatic, but a gear box controller defined with 2 gears (3 if you include neutral). If I remove the hydraulic drive and gear definitions so the drive defaults to electric, saves and resumes work. Having dodged the problem, I haven't yet experimented with more consistent definitions in the eng file.

Dennis

#3 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

It should be fixed in revision 2435.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users