Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails Display Question Starting OR in a Window Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

I've got a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

First, I have been opening OR in a window. When it first opens it's in the upper left corner of my screen with part of the window out of sight. I have the window size set to 1920x1200. I need to go down to the task bar, right click and select move then use the arrow keys to start moving the window down and to the right. Once I have moved the upper left corner down to full view the right edge of the window is slightly off screen; the window is a tad larger than the screen. Is there a way to adjust the size and position of the opening window? I know there is a window size selection in the video options menu. If I select a smaller size, (1600x900), I can get the window to open in the center of my display screen. Does that only affect window size? I assumed that it also affected resolution.

Second, when I press F1, in window mode, to get the help menu with all the commands listed, the scroll bar doesn't seem work with the window size set to the largest (1920x1200). I tried using the mouse pointer along the right side of that box and I tried the up/down cursor keys. Neither worked. I can scroll the command list in full screen mode using the mouse pointer on the up and down arrows or anywhere in the scroll area. After experimenting I found that by reducing the window size to 1600x900 the scrolling function works. So I guess the core question, as above, is if selecting a smaller window size affects resolution. And as a follow on question, if it does not affect resolution, what does?

Oh, wait, one more question. :lol2: Using the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom seems backward to me. Rolling the wheel forward moves away; rolling it backward moves in. I would have done the opposite. Just Me. :sign_sorry: Is there a way to change that?

Thanks for your help.

Paul :D

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

If you're using windowed mode, you need to select a window size smaller than your screen resolution. Open Rails never changes your resolution - it'll use it as-is when fullscreen and will be a normal window otherwise. The rendering resolution is always the same as the size of the Open Rails window, which is what you've set for windowed mode and your desktop resolution for fullscreen.

You can't change the scroll wheel direction, though it's true everyone thinks it should go a different way. :sign_sorry:

#3 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Thanks James, :sign_sorry:

I was doing some experimenting this afternoon and what you described is what I thought I was observing. Good to know the facts. :lol2:

And, by the way, Thanks too for the Great Job you guys are doing. :D :drinks:

Best,

Paul :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users