• You cannot reply to this topic

Hey Marcus, DPUV3.0 ate my wagon shape - alls well now. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

Marcus, when you get a chance take a look at the screenshots. I think I contributed to the situation so I'll explain:
1. Engine is an Amtrak P42DCV, too much smoke, narrow exhaust vent, so I made an initial manual adj by widening the vent
2. Ran the engine through DPUmult.exe by itself (chose "g" as the parameter) looked better, but maybe still a too much smoke
3. Ran same engine with a batch of 9 other engines of same type through DPUmult.exe (same parameter chosen)
4. All other engines fine except for one that was run through twice, lost it wagon shape statement and type line - bumped out by the comment line.

No worries, just copied the exhaust changes to my backup file and replaced. Everything AOK. The exhaust does look real good now.

Perhaps the real problem is in the extra spacing at the beginning of all these engine files as shown below by the portion I copied and highlighted in red
Wagon ( TTAmtrakP42DC_184
Type ( Engine )
WagonShape ( TTAmtrakP42DC_184.s )
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Size ( 3.0488m 4.41208m 21.00m )
comment( 420k lb is the maximum )

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: AteMyWagonShape.jpg

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

That´s a new problem to me, but I could reproduce it on my machine here right now too, even with my standard testing ENG file (could I have overlooked this until now?).

Anyway, even though DPU actually backs up things (doesn´t always work either, because sometimes the creation of the backup folder doesn´t work) it´s always good to have good backups.

I´ll put this error on my to do list and put a reference into the DPU development thread, if I can dig it up somehow.

;) for bringing the issue up ;)

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users