• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake Problems X2402 BC BP don't change on release Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Every since I upgraded to the recent X2396 as well as to X2402 I been experiencing that my trains brakes don't release or charge up in BP or release BC in the F5hud displays. Seams the only way to release them is shift+/. Not only am I experiencing the brakes not releasing but since the introduction of the emergency TCS brakes being applied passing a red but cab penalty displays do not show in cabs.

My last brake question and wish list is: Will any of monitoring device Overspeed, AWS, Vigilance and Emergency be used together with these settings implemented to even save fuel by cutting out the power from trying to pull even while stopped till the reset ed levels are met?
MonitoringDeviceAppliesCutsPower( 1 )
MonitoringDeviceAppliesShutsDownEngine( 1 )
MonitoringDevicePenaltyTimeLimit( 300 )

#2 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

I would ask for a removal of the TCS Emergency Brakes as it is nothing but a headache to us, that, or to include it as an option on the option menu.

#3 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

ATW, on 09 August 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

My last brake question and wish list is: Will any of monitoring device Overspeed, AWS, Vigilance and Emergency be used together with these settings implemented to even save fuel by cutting out the power from trying to pull even while stopped till the reset ed levels are met?
MonitoringDeviceAppliesCutsPower( 1 )
MonitoringDeviceAppliesShutsDownEngine( 1 )
MonitoringDevicePenaltyTimeLimit( 300 )

I'm not sure about the exact meaning of your question (being not a native English speaker, and given the long question sentence is not split by commas, and I'm not sure what words belong to what parts), but as a try to answer it:

MonitoringDeviceAppliesCutsPower is implemented as an emergency stop monitoring device, and should work in default MSTS train control system.
MonitoringDeviceAppliesShutsDownEngine is unimplemented.
MonitoringDevicePenaltyTimeLimit is implemented for both vigilance and overspeed monitoring devices, and should work in default MSTS train control system.

These are absolutely not about saving fuel, these functions are all implemented into real life locomotives to increase safety, or to reduce the braking distance.

#4 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Sorry for my stupid un native typing English. Yes those monitoring devices are MSTS implemented but not ORTS implemented that those were my point if ORTS can implement those and the rest of the monitoring device MSTS parameters. My point to the fuel saving is for ORTS to follow one of those monitoring's because if your in say run 8 and one of the panalty's apply your train is still trying to pull hard even apart that it slows your train from stopping burning your fuel. But if it's that hard to understand maybe MSTS parameter DoesBrakeCutPower( 1 ) and BrakeCutsPowerAtBrakeCylinderPressure( 15 ) coming from the default Acela can be used in those situations.

Just learned that this new TCS emergency system in activities can be deactivated once the train comes to a stop and switching to or from Manuel mode Ctrl+M but not possible in explore mode.

#5 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

ATW, on 11 August 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yes those monitoring devices are MSTS implemented but not ORTS implemented that those were my point if ORTS can implement those and the rest of the monitoring device MSTS parameters.

I was writing about what is implemented in OR. Again: this all is not about fuel saving. This is about safety. If power is not cut at braking, then the brake distance increases considerably, which is highly unsafe. No one cares about the fuel consumption in such cases, the braking distance what matters.

Unfortunately the two options you mentioned are unimplemented (in OR, of course), but they could be easily done, just nobody asked for them yet.

#6 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

gpz, on 11 August 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

I was writing about what is implemented in OR. Again: this all is not about fuel saving. This is about safety. If power is not cut at braking, then the brake distance increases considerably, which is highly unsafe. No one cares about the fuel consumption in such cases, it is about the braking distance.

Unfortunately the two options you mentioned are unimplemented (in OR, of course), but they could be easily done, just nobody asked for them yet.

Hi,
I'm not sure if you mean this, but you can use:
ENGINE(ORTS(ortsEmergencyCausesPowerDown(1) ) ) - Power is switched off when emergency braking is engaged.
ENGINE(ORTS(ortsEmergencyCausesThrottleDown(1) ) ) - Throttle is set to zero when emergency braking is engaged.
ENGINE(ORTS(ortsEmergencyEngagesHorn(1) ) ) - Horn is set when emergency braking is engaged.

I've implemented this maybe a year ago, but I wasn't able to document it. Sorry for this.
For more information see RollingStock/MSTSLocomotive.cs: public override void Parse(string lowercasetoken, STFReader stf).

Matej

EDIT: the first one is a duplicate of MonitoringDeviceAppliesCutsPower( 1 ). The second one is a feature known from some locomotives (prevents full throttle after the power is recovered). Third one is a new TSI regulation.

#7 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

Matej Pacha, on 11 August 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

ENGINE(ORTS(ortsEmergencyCausesPowerDown(1) ) ) - Power is switched off when emergency braking is engaged.

EDIT: the first one is a duplicate of MonitoringDeviceAppliesCutsPower( 1 ).

Yes, and it looks like this one is already moved out of use, probably because of this duplication. And it is unlikely that more fixed functions would be added, since there is the scripting possibility that should be able to handle all possible combinations. However the original MSTS functions might be implemented to increase compatibility.

#8 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

As I wrote - these features have been coded a year ago, before the scripting was there. I'm not able to work on ORTS now, but these are very easy to edit/implement.

Cheers,
Matej

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users