Elvas Tower: CTRL-Alt-F11 locks up ORTS after passing reversing point - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CTRL-Alt-F11 locks up ORTS after passing reversing point Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hi All,
I just noticed this while running an activity in X2378 that ran the player train past a reversing point. When I stopped, the direction of travel in the F4 window reversed (but the loco still moved in the same direction), and then clicking Ctrl-Alt-F11 (Debug Signalling) to check the direction locked up ORTS, and ORTS had to be closed with system commands. I went back to ORTS 0.9, and it happens there, too. The activity was created with Skyline Activity generator in the Monon-16 route. Creating a simple activity manually with the same path shows the same behavior.
The behavior past the reverse point also seems different in ORTS and MSTS - I sometimes get sudden Emergency Brakes applications in ORTS by switching between manual and controlled and moving the player train.
Has anyone else noted anything similar?

Sid.

P.S. I also encountered the freeze with CTRL-ALT-F11 before I reached the reversing point, but do not have the exact sequence of events logged.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

As far as I understand, in OR as it is now running after a reverse point is like running out of path, and in OR this leads to emergency braking if you are not in manual mode. This is in fact a bit restrictive. However in general you don't need to run after the reverse point in OR, because as soon as the tail of your consist passes the switch where the path diverges, you may reverse (and in fact the reverse point icon disappears) without needing to reach the reverse point.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users